Rentec Pro and PM subscribers can use the Forms Editor to create a document with data fields that will automatically pull relevant tenant or property information and automatically input them into the form for you.
Under the Settings tab, select the option labelled "Forms". Forms are like templates that will be populated with information at a later time. To add a new form click "Add Form" on the left side of the page.
To add content to the form, click within the content area and begin typing or pasting content. You can insert additional database fields by clicking "Data Fields" on the top right, which will open a menu for you to choose from...
Enter database merge fields in the body of your message to have the system automatically insert those values. Use the Preview button to test with sample data.
For example, if you entered:
"Hello %first_name% %last_name%,"
The document would read:
"Hello Joe Smith,"
Users can access the following functions in the forms editor:
- Send a Form to a Tenant or Owner via email.
- Any Form can be sent through DocuSign to be electronically signed by a Tenant or Owner.
- Tenants and Owners have access to Forms completed via DocuSign in their File Library through the Tenant or Owner Portals.
- A new form field named “DocuSign Initials” allows DocuSign to request the signer’s initials at various points throughout the form.
- In the Form template editor, a Page Break field has been added to the drop-down fields selector. You can now control exactly where your form content will skip to the next page. After insertion, the field appears as %PAGE_BREAK% in the editor and in the Preview or final PDF document it does an actual new page.
- All your form templates (except Drafts) will be available in the drop-down selector.
- A Forms option and a File Library option have been added to the Owner’s drop down menu.
Electronic Signatures (Hellosign) can be used or you may print/sign