If you need to make an owner contribution(deposit) to their property to pay for additional expenses, here are the steps you can follow:
If you haven't already set up a category for owner contributions. This is what you would want to do first...
- Set up a new category under Settings/Setup Categories
- When "adding a new category", name the category "Owner Contributions" or what works best for you
- Choose the option Type" of "Other" or "Income" ("Other" will not show up in your income/expense reports)
- Choose the option Class: of "Standard"
Now you will go to your Properties tab...
- Choose the property that you need to make a contribution to
- Post income to property
- Choose your category as "owner contribution" (or the name that you created for this category)
- Post Income
Also See: Managing & Reporting Property Reserves