1. Open the Tenants tab > right-click on the Tenant that you need to update. Select Update Lease.
2. You will then see this screen where it gives you the ability to update the move-in date.
- If you want to adjust the move-in date only and not the accounting, select "No". This will keep the existing accounting and reflect the move-in date that you specify.
- If you do want to adjust rent charges that are in the tenant ledger, select "Yes". This will remove all historical rent charges up until the new move-in date. *NOTE: if you have the property set to post management fees based on charged rent, this may create duplicate management fees on the property which will need to be manually deleted. To learn how to delete a transaction CLICK HERE.
- If you are doing this to remove the historical rent charges on the tenant, but would like for the system to still reflect the actual move-in date for the tenant, after completing the step above, you would want to go back into the Update Lease page > enter the actual move-in date > for Update Accounting select "No".
- If you need to update the lease end date that option is also located on this page. For this task we use the form on the left side called 'Update Move-In Date'. Enter the new move-in date and select if you wish the system to update the accounting automatically for you.