Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Reports sorted by manager

Option to sort financial reports by property manager portfolio to allow for manager performance review by administrator of account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rent Roll A with amount received

Rent Roll A with amount received

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screening applicants

It would make the application process faster if the final screening page imported all of the information from the application (address) so we wouldn't have to do it manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rent check number

Can we add a variable %rent_check_number% to the rent receipt that is emailed to the tenant after posting a rent? I looked up but didn't find in the existing list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Incorporate Scheduling Software for Showing Appointments

We currently use youcanbook.me for people who are interested in our property to schedule appointments with us. Their software allows us to adjust time slots, text reminders to those who have scheduled (important!) and more. The amount of time it saves me not having to deal with phonecalls is wonderful. I also have fewer no-shows with the text reminders.

It would be so great to have this or something like it incorporated into your marketing website that property managers can use when advertising properties.

Here is a screenshot of one I have set up right now.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rename files when or after uploading Files

It will be very helpful to have this option when uploading files , in my case I upload all receipts out of my smartphone but I end up having duplicate files with the same name image.jpg.
    if the system allows to rename the file when uploading or automatic name default such as (Date &time) ex: photo-2015-04-23-07-30-00.ext it will help retrieve the file quickly and or download the file without overwriting problem .
    thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. only moved out tenant

A button which displays all the information about the moved out tenants.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. report which gives monthly income

A report which displays monthly columns of income and expenses associated with selected property and its sub units and date-range selected.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. reports

NEED TO BE ABLE TO HIT PRINT ONE TIME AND PRINT ALL INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY REPORTS WITHOUT GOING INTO EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY. THIS IS VERY TIME CONSUMING.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Owner Statements: break down other income by category

On the Owner Statement reports, please detail the "other income" and break it down per category that same way that the Expenses are broken down per expense category.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer an Email Option for Property Managers

I love services like yours that push an vacancy ad out to multiple sites like Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, Craigslist etc. However, part of the problem I run into is taking time to respond to each person. My work around involves using a google vacation responder, their canned response with filter options, and a Zapier auto-responder (because the first two didn't work with either Trulia or Zillow, or both, I can't remember). It would be soooo nice to have email designed to auto-respond to emails from these sites.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automated Batch Owner Payment Disbursements

The option to schedule automated ACH owner disbursement transactions, similar to the tenant's option to pay rent with recurring or single-pay. Include the option to distribute the disbursement over an owner's portfolio (funds from multiple properties) and to batch all owner ACH payments at once.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible for us to keep tack of our own in-offices accounting within Rentect.

I have tried to keep tack of our in-office accounting in Rentec by creating a dummy property. I labeled it "A" and I had my logo for the picture.

The problem I had was in labeling each line item. It was like double entries, charging or giving credit twice to owners, vendors etc... (It was very confusing)

I am now using QuickBooks for company stuff. It would be nice not to have two separate systems.

Thanks,
    Gilbert Sorola

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mid Lease Property Report

I would love to see a "property report" component added to Rentec that allows me to create and manage my required mid lease reports to owners.

The features I envision are:
    1. REMINDER - You have "X" time (2 weeks?/1 mo?) until the mid-term report is due and
    2. Use this generic template / document to create a Property Report that allows us to inform and update the owner of the property status and condition.

I know home inspectors have docs/reports that they use to do this. It would be helpful if I could use or customize a few property…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search Functions

Under tenants searching by property would be helpful. Also under owners, the ability to search for checks by number would helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bulk Export Of Receipts and Invoices

This is a request to allow bulk exporting of my receipts and invoices that have been uploaded to the file library. This would be helpful for end of year taxes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Landlords to Select Specific Properties (not all) for Inclusion in Reports

Below is a question I submitted to "Support." I was surprised to learn my need -- a customary option in most reporting/financial software -- was not available in Rentec.

Question: For certain reports, I need to limit properties to those managed by me. For other reports, only those managed by a management company. Another need is a presentation report of select properties for sale as a package. The choices I've found: ALL PROPERTIES or only one selected property do not meet this criterion. How do I do this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Portal Logins: ability to edit the email that is sent out with the login credentials

when enabling an owner or tenant portal and selecting to have Rentec send the login information to the owner or tenant, please add the ability to edit the email so we can customize it and include our contact information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Seperate Account for client funds and company funds.

In SC you can have the company funds and client funds in the same account as long as you keep record of who each dollar belongs to. It would be nice if when I charge a property for management fees I can have that dollar amount show up under a pseudo account for my company. So it would show a separate account but in reality it's all in the same bank account.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base