Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Pro-rate options

We are currently having some issues with the system in regards to the pro-ration that is done by the system.

1. Allow the pro-rate to be selectable as to whether it calculates based on 30 AND 31 day month formats. We currently calculate pro-rate on a 30 day scale. Example: 7 Days x Rent/30.
    2. Allow the option to have the system prorate the second month, instead of the first.

Currently we set the system to start on the third month and we manually enter the first and second (pro-rated) months rent. It would be nice if the system could…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attachments

In Hawaii, I am required to give a complete accounting via a Trust Account for all monies spent/canceled checks and invoices that match, at the end of each year along with the MISC1099.
    i really like being able to attach a canceled check, however, i must also show the invoice. It would be great if both could be attached at the same place.
    If that is not possible perhaps a Folder in the clients File that the client could load to a thumb drive and be kept for tax purposes. It can be crucial if audited or doing a 1031…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. one-click logging of the outstanding balance for a tenant, or the amount of their monthly rent

Create a link to one-click log either the outstanding balance for a tenant, or the expected amount of their monthly rent, in order to streamline rent logging process. The vast majority of rent logging is for the expected amount of rent. If I could just click once and log the expected amount on the current day, I would save a ton of time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Caseworker

Is there a way to add line caseworker info to tenant and number and add this type of report. It will be great if there was a chance to have easy access to this information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. auto response

create a way to automatically send a response to an applicant once I hit the decline button on the application. so that they automatically get an email saying 'sorry your application was declined?'....maybe include a reason that I can choose from or populate.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. business name next to logo.

Put my business name next to my logo.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expenses Per Unit Report

There needs to be a better and easier way to pull information that outlines the expenses that were done on a particular unit of an apartment building within a given time period. For example, we need to know how much was paid, to whom and for what type of work was done last quarter on Unit A of ABC Apartments, LLC. This is critical for our budgeting and analysis on a cost/unit metrics. Also important for management and sale of a building.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. List of common charges

When creating a work order or posting an expense, having a custom-made list of canned charges for common turnover items would be a time-saver. Example, college housing turnover happens all at once and checking off "re-key fee $25" and "broken towel bar $8"... makes posting quicker.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. iPhone and iPad do not scroll reports

Reports that exceed one page do not scroll on i* devices. Instead the iPhone scrolls the background window instead of the foreground window.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Occupant and pets

Ability to keep more information in designated place for each lease signer, a place to indicate occupant details as well as pet details other than in general notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Work Orders for Invoices

I like using the work orders for internal maintenance receipts. I would like to be able to turn off or not show the tenant's name and contact info for that so I can send them to the owners, as receipts. Maybe have an option for work orders to save as invoices once the work orders are closed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add deposit attachments

In most of the program, you can use file library to attach documents to almost anything. Yet it is not possible to attach a deposit receipt to a deposit. Is this possible or could you please add?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. email directly from the file library

A very helpful feature would be to be able to email directly from the file
    library to someone.

See attachment here.

If I have to email a lease to an owner or broker, now i would have to
    download, save it and then email it out. What would be ideal would be is if we could email it directly from rentec, that it would be an attachment and open up our email system or email through Rentec like you can do with the reports.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. update payee on individual management fees when using pay manager utility

when using the pay property manager utility and assigning a payee for the transaction, I would like the program to automatically update the payee on all of the individual management fees also. This way when viewing the Account Ledger A report, the payee on the management would show rather than "- - - ".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Security Deposit Account-Option to have Undeposited Funds for Default

Would like to see the Undeposited Funds account be an option to set for a default bank account for the Security Deposit Account.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tenant Tab

It would be very useful to sort the tenant tab by: tenant, location, amount. It would be great to be able to click on the top bar and sort automatically. I have over 80 tenants at several location and it makes it very hard to move around.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. depreciation reports

It would be nice if the depreciation report would pull a higher level of detail from the entered expense.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. please give us the ability to upload .pdf or .docs to the new Forms page.

The new Forms page is such a great idea, thank you so much. Would it be possible to upload pre-existing documents? I'd like to upload a .pdf of my current rental agreement, then insert the database fields where they're needed.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately PDF and DOC files do not reliably convert to HTML which is what we need in order to do templates. This is a limitation of PDF and Word Doc technology. We would love to support it if we could. In the meantime, in the support document here it explains how to use cloudconvert.com to convert these type of files to a usable format.

http://support.rentecdirect.com/knowledgebase/articles/828678-custom-forms-editor

Look for the section that says “How to copy an existing .pdf document into Rentec Forms”.

19. Have an Investment Type Section

Within the Investment Type Section, have category's like, Rental, Vacant Land, Mortgage, Note, ....and also be able to added to the section.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto email notice - option to send daily

Prefer to email and SMS daily for delinquent tenants

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base