Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Database Query Tool

Database Query Tool - The ability to export all data fields into csv format

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track owner held deposits

Owner held deposits: There should be a way for property managers and tenants to see via the portal how much security deposit is being held by the owner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. bug fix request

Bug fix request. Security access is bypassed from the "Quick Start: How to Print Checks" and using the "1 SETUP" and "Click Here". I've attached a screen shot. Allows user to make any changes. After saving, returns to Settings, with the option unavailable. Discovered this when logged in as a new user and testing. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow owner, property, and tenant custom fields to be added to the respective portals so that the person can see that information

allow owner, property, and tenant custom fields to be added to the respective portals so that the person can see that information

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Rent Increases

Is there a way to add upcoming rent increases to the enhanced rent roll? Is there any report that will show this? It would be really great to show upcoming increases on the summary page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. date availability on listings

Add a space on the marketing page for each property with date availability so the information will be populated on the website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add reports to owner portal

Need some added reports for the owner portal: Ability to see the deposits on file (whether it is with the owner OR the property manager) AND the ability to see delinquent accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delinquency vs Possible rent report

A report showing the rent received vs. the occupancy rate would be very helpful. This would be something that calculates the delinquency vs. possible income. This is a report that the owners like to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tenant Refunds

It would be nice to be able to issue refunds to tenants for accidentally over payments through the system

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change account viability back to the way it was

You have recently made the sub account numbers un-accessible to the users. I'm not sure what the purpose of hiding the information we use every day from the people who use it. I was told it's for security. Perhaps for some users this could be a concern, however it's a very big detriment for us. We use that information every day. Now I have to maintain a separate database just for account numbers. Even if someone were to hack the system, the information we put in would be useless to them since they are sub-accounts. Perhaps the visibility of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Current Rent on Properties Tab

Owner request for owner portal: On the Properties page where it shows all the units, the tenant name and the account balance, can you add a column showing their current rental rate?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Searching Move In Dates

Would like to have the option to run a "move in date" report between custom dates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Application Fees

Would be great if I could turn off the option to post application fees to the property, yet still be able to run a report at the end of my monthly billing cycle to see the amount of application fees collected between custom dates (in order to account for that income monthly).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ledger to record Sale and interest of rental property.

Create a ledger to record payment and interest for the sale on contract of a rental to a tenant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. HOA reoccuring monthly charge

When managing an HOA there is no method for charging a homeowner automatic reoccurring HOA dues. Could we add a category for this (like Rent) under Tenants, Accounting Defaults under Rent for HOA charges.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Property Name to the Completed EasyPay report

I use the Completed EasyPay report a lot to track along Forte deposits made to our bank.
    It would be extremely helpful if along with Tenant Name we could also have the Property Name associated with that tenant's corresponding payment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Group messaging

Would like to have the ability to be able to message all tenants on lease throughout their tenancy on management matters. The current system only allows us to do this on lease signing or if there are multiple units in a property. However, if there are multiple tenants one one lease and I want to make sure they both get emailed about a certain item, it doesn't allow me to 'group' them together for that property so that I can message them as a group. This is something we find important when it comes time to stand in front of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More than 1 attachment on bill payment

Can we add more than one attachment to a bill payment? Sometimes I combine invoices into one payment but can only attach one of the invoices. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. credit reporting of tenant payment history.

tenant incentive tobuld credit: offer credit reporting of tenant payment history

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show the unit a co-renter is attached to in the general search

When searching in general search for co-renter, show the unit they live in

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base