Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Work Order Due Date

Can you add a due date to the work order form?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. need "OTHER" in the pay the owner, like in posting an expense.

Pay owner tools should also include "OTHER", just like in the posting an expense, which has "OTHER".

Thanks,

Dan-allbayrealtors.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto calculation of property management fees.

Have the property management calculation have 2 decimal places. Currently has 1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Selection for "None" in "Choose Property" report field

On the financial reports tab, in the "Choose Property" dropdown, I would like a way to choose property "None". This is extremely useful because, invariably, at the end of the year, there are always some transactions that did not get assigned to a property and are not accounted for. Currently it is very difficult to search for and find these transactions so they can be fixed and assigned to a property (I would have to use "Category Ledger" and export to excel). If I am unable to find the transactions, they will affect my totals for the various categories for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add inquiry by property

Inquiry input able to be sorted by property for potential applicants/tenants to allow tracking for potential applicants. Add a way to email multiple tenants, applicants, inquiries at the same time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. App for property managers

Need an app for property managers not just owners and tenants.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. text unpaid rent

it would be good if there was a way to automatically send out a text message to anyone with unpaid rent on the 5th of the month?

more people respond to text than email

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You have a great report for property performance, but you only give two options: 1 property or all properties. I would like to run one owner

You have a great report for property performance, but you only give two options: 1 property or all properties. I would like to run one owner who has 20+ properties. I would like to run them together with this report, but not all we manage. Can you make it possible to choose multiple properties by the same owner but not all the properties?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Right Justify Numbers in Reports

Please right justify the numbers in the Inc/Exp (and other) reports. This should be easy. Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. forms

Allow Docusign feature to have fill in fields along with signature lines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. additional tenants

Tenant lists should include additional tenant and that tenants contact info

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Posting Periods

There needs to be posting periods. I want to be able to pay my owners in February but it actually posts in January period. The way it is now I have to change the date on the disbursement to match that month and it makes it much harder to reconcile and at the end of the year.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Credit Cards? why such a hassle?

Have Rentec direct process credit card fee's so credit card fee's won't show up on the property as income. This would take the accounting night mare out of the equations. Rentec provides the portal and charges the credit card fee to the tenant, so only the rent shows up on the property as income.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. User set up options

In managers roles set up/configure, be able to pick what reports per tab a manager can have access to. I.e. Financial Reports allow only view EasyPAY completed and receipts report.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Schedule emails and text and recurring

Ability to schedule emails and text, date/time and recurring.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fields are too small on web pages

Several fields are not big enough to display their contents. E.g., The Income Account and Expense Account on the Properties page only shows part of the Account entries I made!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Posting Attachments on payments

The ability to add attachments when making payments and posting charges on accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share document folder with Owners

A shared folder between the PM and owner for storage of utility bills and repair invoices. Allow Owner access to building files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. improvements to rental applications

When I go into Rentec page to look at the list of people who have applied for a property , I would like a place on the application screen to make notes about that application or mark them in some way, to remind me why we rejected , or if we are keeping that application on hold for more info, etc.
    Right now, my only options are to accept and add lease, accept , or deny .
    Without printing the Applications out hard copy and hand writing notes, is there some way I can see where in the process each…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. customize when late fees begin

customize when late fees begin and are charged to tenant

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base