Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Languages

Hello, i suggest you to add another languages to the page. It would be very good for my clients to received the reports in spanish for example. So please take it in mind

Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outgoing ACH report: expedited ACH funding, update the Est. Delivery date

when expedited funding has been setup, please update the Est. Delivery date displayed on Outgoing ACH report.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a report showing inactive tenants with a credit balance

I would like to see a report listing all inactive tenants with a credit balance. This would help us either figure out a posting error or know to refund money to a former tenant.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tenant notes report

I propose you create a report of tenant notes. I would like to see notes that were added to all tenants/properties with date ranges.

This report has several uses such as:
    1. Determining what notes have been added recently: I could run a report for the last day/week and see what my managers have been discussing with tenants.
    2. Seeing all notes from a tenant: I could look at a report and see discussions of managers with the tenant over the time of their stay.
    3. Accounting: On the date the rent is past due with a fee I can…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reports for multiple properties but with totals for each property

Currently there are two options. 1) Report by "All" properties or 2) Each individual property. These are quite useful, however, if you have a lot of properties and you want the report broken down by each property then you have to select each property, run the report, save (or print) then manually select the next property.

What I want is to print reports for each property independently but all at once, not totaling the values across all properties.

This should work for all reports such as income/expense, Schedule-E, Ledgers, etc.

Let me know if this is not clear.

Thanks,
    Keith…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. sub-unit operating report

Can you please provide a facility to generate operating statement A for all the sub-units in the property.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inc/Exp Statement > break down the category balances into more detail

The Inc/Exp Statement report displays the total balance of each category. This request is to break down the category balances and show each transaction that makes up the total balance. We would like the report to continue to show the total balance for each category, but to also include all of the items that make up each total balance. This would be combining the information in the Account Ledger report with the information in the Inc/Expense Statement report.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 30/60/90 day delinquencies - invoice and reports

Would like to show delinquent amounts on invoices to tenant and owner (HOA) at the bottom of invoices. Generally, payments are applied to most recent balance in my association so the residual amounts in arrears would be nice to note on invoices or a report to individual tenants/owners.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add A Pro Forma Report for Owners

Add a pro-forma report for the owners to be able to see the past and a forecast for income/expenses.

The owner should be able to specify what time frame - for months in the past, it would show actual expenses and for future months, it would show expected rents (from leases), any recurring expenses and any manually added single expenses. The report would have categories of income and expenses that can be expanded to see the detail

To give you a feel, I am attaching a screen shot of the pivot table I use in Excel to provide that view

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Archived Properties on Reports

When printing operating statements on the financial reports there should be an option to include Archived Properties.... the only way to get a accurate historical financial report is to 'un-archive' properties, run the report and then re-archive them. To say the least, this is a real pain. Please advise if this is possible or how soon we can have a change to make this possible. Thank you. Guthrie Chamberlain, Randy Bocook Homes LLC

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. create a report showing owner's address and SSN/Tax ID

It would be helpful to be able to go to the Manage Owners file and be able to create/print a report of addresses and SSN/Tax ID's - mostly at tax time but also as owners change it is a way to keep a current roster.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow creation of a report for "not in any category/property"

There is no good way to find all transactions that have "None" for the category, property, tenant or bank. Sometimes "None" makes perfect sense but sometimes it is a typo when entering a transaction. Especially for category and property - having "None" here is often a mistake.

The "Category Ledger" report should allow selecting "None" for the category to assist in finding these.

The Expense, Income, and Exp/Inc reports should list income and expense items that don't have a category. Same thing with the Operating Statement reports.

Not quite as important but still useful would be to allow selecting "None"…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AP Reports

It would be nice to be able to input expenses but not necessarily pay them right away. If you could manage if a vendor had been paid, if a check had been printed. The ability to run an AP listing showing all the required payments and what had and had not been paid for a set period. Also it would nice if there was a pre-check report with the check printing so you could review all payments that were cut in a set run without having to run additional copies of the checks since they include all bank info.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make a Report that shows all charges for individual tenant

It would be very helpful for us if there where a report that had all charges broken down, like rent, taxes, pet rent, w/d rental, reserved parking all in one report than having to print individual tenants statement. If we had something that showed the rent frequency also would be great, ie: monthly, bi-weekly or weekly. Thank you

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Bank Account as a column to the Account Ledger reports

If I forget to enter the bank account when posting an expense, there doesn't seem to be any way to search back through all expenses to find these transactions.

If you could add bank account to the account ledger, this should be an easy way to show if the bank account was mistakenly not entered when the expense was posted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Track net worth / balance sheet/mortgage tracker

ASSETS & LIABILITIES/BALANCE SHEET/MORTGAGE TRACKER: Option to track net worth I.E. tie back loan to property, show purchase price of assets, loan balance, etc.

301 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need more reports

We need to be able to generate a reports from Rentec. We MUST have a way to pull email addresses to send an email to all of our residents at once. We MUST have a way to pull a rent roll to include rent, parking, storage and pet fees, not just rent. We are currently generating in house spreadsheets that is VERY time consuming to obtain this information that should be easy enough to get from Rentec because the information is there but not accessible in a report format. PLEASE HELP!!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deposit Reports

It would be VERY helpful to have the security deposit received dates on the reports so we can figure out how much in deposits we took in on what month.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Owner statement to include deposits held

PROPERTY/OWNER LEDGER/OWNER STATEMENT; report to include security deposits held

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Report - PRINTED CAR LIST. I would like a line in the tenant info page where to put their car

CAR LIST. I would like to see a field(s) added with their car info, then be able to print the car list for a designated property or ALL properties.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base