Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Download owner and vendor contact data in CSV

Please add an option to download owner and vendor contact information (just like tenant data) in the Utilities area.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to add Company name when placing tenant vs. First/Last Name

When placing a new tenant would like to see the option to add the Company Name versus the First/Last name option. The First/Last Name should be optional fields not mandatory

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. voided checks

when printing out a check (from any account) there is a drop down menu for - "un-cleared, cleared & to reconcile, etc.) it would be nice to have a title"voided or void" and have it automatically void that number check in the specific chosen account so it doesn't have to be added manually.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. duplicate checks or invoice numbers

Would like for the system to not allow a transaction to be posted if a duplicate check number or reference number is entered. This would prevent duplicate payment of vendor invoices.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add to Recurring Expenses

I need another category for frequency of expenses/payments. My local utility company bills every other month. If you would add that option to your program I could match Rentec to my bank statements.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Unit # to Tenant Balance Screen

My owner knows units not tenant names. Thus it would be helpful to see the property / unit # along with the tenant name on the page displaying their running balance:
    Tenants: Accounting [Tenant Name]

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Autofill payee & category

autofill when entering income and expenses. Monthly transactions are basically repeated (rent amounts are the same every month (unless you enter late fees), and trash, electric, water, property management, taxes, lawncare...etc are also the same company/category). When the payee's name is typed in, the category should autofill with the previously used category , saving a lot of time.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. make reports interactive and zoomable

1)When I make a report, and see that there is an uncategorized expense, then I should be able to click on the number, view the transaction and edit it. I have some uncategorized expenses and income that I would like to see to determine what they are, but I can't figure out how to. It should be as easy as clicking on it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Consolidate owner statement to one page if the owner only has one unit (currently it is 2 pages)

If I choose to send an owner a monthly cash statement, and this owner has just one property, the system creates two separate but identical statements. One has just the owner's name, and the other has just the property address... Address and name should combine to be on a one page statement.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide settings that are not available for your subscription level

Settings that cannot be modified (e.g., Payable to is only available to Rentec PM subscribers) should be hidden.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disburse funds to owners who own multiple properties

OWNER DISBURSEMENT: easier way to disburse funds for owners with multiple properties without having to head into each one, view the balance, and post to each property ledger. Post split transaction to the owner's ledger? Option to "zero out" the rolling balance on all properties and class to 8900 category with a check-box next to the rolling balance total - save on time, especially w/ lots of SFHs.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alternate workorder contact

WHO IS NOTIFIED: Option to have a default setting to email an alternative person when workorders come in vs. the account holder (under settings?) to notify if tenant or staff enter work orders - automatically

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email program updates to users in addition to the blog updates

I do not wade through your blog unless i have a problem i am trying to resolve. when you make improvements, email it to customers. If you are adding functionality, you need to let us know so we can take maximum advantage of the capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback, we currently put an alert on the summary page whenever you (or any sub-users) login and there is a new feature. It will show up at the top of the notification stating “We’ve added X new features or improvements since your last login. Learn more.”. The learn more text is a link to the details of those improvements.

I could see in the future the possibility of also sending these via email to an opt-in list if this becomes a popular request.

15. Pay employees by ACH

Allow us to pay employees using ACH

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Report to show deleted entries

DELETED ITEMS - Report to show deleted entries - tool for auditing/finding mistakes

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tenant Portal PTE (Permission To Enter)

PTE: On the tenant portal, require that a an option be selected "Yes, you have my PTE" or "Call for details on PTE (and spot for a phone number)" and a notes section if there are special instructions - require a phone number be entered before they can submit through the portal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multiple file upload (multi select)

FILES ON all PORTAL: Option to upload a files, or multiple files to multiple owners and/or tenant portals at the same time - or all owner or all tenants. Especially helpful when adding new tenants or creating new marketing for property

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show owner's email address in list

OWNER'S EMAIL ADDRESSES: Display their address below their name, similar to Tenants, and be able to use the email link directly from the Accounts tab. Also, when emailing a report, the system will allow you to type their name for auto-populating their email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send and receive MMS

Send and receive MMS picture messages from tenants, owners and vendors.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base