Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. User set up options

Under user set-up. Expand the customization to allow specific reports from each report heading. For instance, financial reports, allow or not allow access to CAM report, operating statement, so on.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set-up expansion

In set-up. Allow admin to allow specific reports from each category. For instance, under financial reports allow or not allow access to CAM reports. Instead of allowing access to all financial reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Choice of properties in a Report

When selecting properties to be included in a Report, I need a way to select say 2 properties out of 12 vs ALL (master unit) or just individual properties. Most software programs allow holding down CTRL and clicking individual properties to be in a report, but this doesn’t work in Rentec.
    Example: I want to assess profitably of rentals on a certain street vs those in another section of town. OR, those by a certain owner in an inclusive report.
    Please consider adding this common feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Workorder

make workorder trackable better. be able to give vendors access to upload pictures of work. Better workorder reporting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Designate payments

We would like for the tenant to be able to designate part of payment for rent and part for a propane fee. In other words, payments could be designated for categories that we are charging besides the monthly rent. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. General workorder templates

Select from workorder templates

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Birthday Field" for all Tenants and Landlords with a reminder pop up, so we can call them to wish them Happy B-Day

Add "Birthday Field" for all Tenants and Landlords with a reminder pop up, so we can call them to wish them Happy B-Day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Credit Card Fee's Made Easier! :D!!!!!

Have the option to not have Credit Card Fee's post to the property, but only to the operating account. This way we don't need to enter an expense to the property if the management company pays for the Credit Card Fee's.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Owner Account Info on Header of Deposit Slip

I use multiple bank accounts to write checks and print deposit slips. When I print a check the account's owner information prints correctly on the upper left of the check BUT for deposit slips it defaults to the company contact info. Please update the system to consistently print the owner's account info on both the checks and the deposit slips. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Owner/Landlord to eSign signatures

Add Owner/Landlord signature option to eSign documents.

Certain states require BOTH the landlord and the agent/manager to sign documents for a valid lease.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. more efficient expense catergorization

within the expense section there should be the ability to several select similar tranascations and change all of there criteria (building, catergory, etc) all togother rather than one at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Maintenance Portal

Maintenance Portal. A separate login for our maintenance personnel to see and address work orders. The portal would have both “public” sections of the work order that can be shared with the tenant and “private” sections for internal notes.

Currently we can provide a separate login and restrict them to work orders, however they still have access to other information that they have no business knowing, such as tenants email addresses listed on the tenant page, any tenants late on rent that show up on the summary screen and even the recurring transactions. A separate maintenance portal or at least…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. income expense hyperlink summary numbers

hyperlink eincome expense summary numbers so we can drill down to see what items make up that number. allow us to click on one of those items to correct it if necessary and return to report screen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. customize tenant history view for tenant portal

ability to limit history that tenants see thru their profile. example. ytd or 3 months or 6 months. etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Attachments

In post income or post expense it should allow user to attach more than one document.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mortgage Tracking

Hi, as this is a Property Management platform,
    I'm sure many of your clients own some of the properties and would like to track their mortgage. I would suggest to update the software to be able to track mortgages.
    Thanks

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically scroll back down

I hate when I go into any property or tenant to edit it, that when am done it brings me back to the top of the page. I would like for it to go back to where I was, so I don't have to keep scrolling back done to where I was, just to start over again after editing another one.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Owners to Make Payments to Property Managers

Allow Owners to make payments to property manager (for repairs, bills, fees, etc.)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. showing service

A scheduling program for showing units. Where the applicant applies and confirms showing appointments and also is directed to the apply page. ShowMojo.com has a great service but its too expensive for someone with only a few units. /this help cut back on time spent sitting at apartments for unconfirmed showings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Separate Active Tenants from Inactive Past Due

As stated in previous idea submissions...we love the software! Your work is making us more successful and making our portfolio easier to manage.

Idea - Separate Active Tenants and Inactive Tenants who are Past Due into different tables or sections on the Summary Tab.

An active tenant or two who are past due for this month get mixed with past (inactive) tenants who owe money after move-out.
    While collection of both are important, the current active tenants are near-term events that may require a letter or eviction. Past or inactive tenants are longer-term efforts that are or will be turned…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base