I suggest you ...

Section 8 - one payment, multiple tenants

If I have multiple tenants with Section 8 rent assistance, the local housing authority wants to send me only one check (or ACH deposit) for all such tenants. I can't change how they do this. I can't find any way to split a deposit among multiple tenants/properties. Logically, I would go the Accounts tab, select my bank account, create a deposit (the program stops me at this point and says I can't make a deposit so everything past this point is hypothetical), split the deposit and credit the splits to the appropriate tenant and property and then save the transaction.

I can't be the only one with this problem - how have other uses handled this?

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    McMinn, Sandra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Meerman, Leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a retarded lack of feature in rentec. I should be able to go into one screen and list out all of the deposits. The drop down menu should then be the tenant/property. Then the sum total at the bottom is the full deposit.

The interface as-is makes you get tenant by tenant, which I'm finding is a hassle with multiple properties.

Feedback and Knowledge Base