I suggest you ...

Share Files to Multiple Owners or Tenants

Allow an "alt" multiple share feature in the file library so that one invoice can be shared with multiple owners. Example: A yard care invoice that charges ~20 different properties/accounts. Instead of uploading the same invoice 20 times and then sharing with each owner individually, allow one uploaded invoice to be shared with as many owners as required.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Parker, David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminNathan (Engineering Ninja, Rentec Direct) responded  · 

Thank you for the excellent suggestion. The Rentec development team feels this is something that can be accomplished. If this feature is important to you please vote it up to increase it’s priority in our development queue.

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminNathan (Engineering Ninja, Rentec Direct) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Scott,

It's still a feature high up for consideration. We currently have over 600 feature requests and we're developing fast and steady. It's a task to try to keep up with everything and 3 years sure does go by quickly! We're also expanding our development team so maybe we can go even faster on some of these items.

Here's a list of some recent accomplishments.
    https://www.rentecdirect.com/blog/category/product-update/

• Lumry, Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nathan (Engineering Ninja), need to see where the review is on this item (Share Files to Multiple Owners or Tenants), since it has been over three years since your last response.

Today, I uploaded an electric bill for a unit and wanted to share it with all three tenants in the unit. It only allows me to share that bill with one tenant.

If there could be a way, either through the use of check boxes or using a secondary key to choose multiple tenants/owners, to allow this, I do believe it would allow for more efficient storage on your system.

• Orsi, Mick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many forms that are essentially boiler plate and sent to every tenant. Sharing files to multiple tenants is a great feature. I agree with Michael Allen that it would be even better to batch load files to multiple parties as well. Or to just have better direct control over the file library to organize or as Chris Lazarus suggests to have a folder with standard notices that could be "handed" out as needed. This could potentially save on cloud space for redundant documents server side as well as providing convenience client side.

As the current method is I have at least six files from a how to make your payment notice to a tenant responsibilities FAQ that I have to redundantly upload for every tenant that moves in.

Thanks for all the attention to these comments and the improvements your team is continually working for,
    ~Mick

• Exchange, Property commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be helpful. I would also like to see files that are uploaded while entering an expense for a property be "copied" to that properties file library in addition to being added to the master file library. Or have these expense attachments be visible from the owner portal.

Thanks for all you do to help us work smarter! Love RentecDirect!
    Donna

• Allen, Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this option. To be able to select multiple files, and then share with multiple owners/tenantsat the same time. Its a pain to click each file then click each individual owner or tenant. If you added selection boxes we could click the box on each file we wanted to share, then select the owners/tenants, or anoption for all owners or all tenants of a certain property, especially if its a multi-unit property.

For example, I manage my association, I have our bylaws uploaded, but I have to click each file and select each owner individually. Basically this is like having a permissions issue.

• Lazarus, Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More so, also add the ability to share one document with all owners or all tenants. This way I can upload one tenant handbook or owner handbook and it will show to everyone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base