Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The Ability To Put A Tenant On Notice To Move Out

I know that you can go to move out and set a tenant to move out at a later date, the problem that I keep having is a tenant doesn't move out when they say they will. Then I have them moved out and I have to either reenter them or know that they are there. Also with any management software I have used in the past there was a report for tenants on notice to move out. It was always part of the vacancy report.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lease Expiration

Need lease expiration form with only properties that have expired leases in addition to the current form that lists the lease expiration dates of all properties.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. late fees

If the tenant has a balance because of a utility bill that was just inputted and the tenant pays rent in full it shows up as a late fee for rent. There should be a way that rent is paid then there is no late fees even if there is a remaining balance

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. send automatic email notification to owner when property becomes vacant

this request is to add the ability to create email templates that can be setup to automatically send out to owners when one of their properties becomes vacant.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Owner Statements: break down other income by category

On the Owner Statement reports, please detail the "other income" and break it down per category that same way that the Expenses are broken down per expense category.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Summary page view should be customizable

We should have the option to pick and \choose features taht should show up on the summary page. and they should be seprated. for examp0le, one side should show balance dues. other section should show moved out tenants with past due. another section should show open work orders etc

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Renters Insurance

A spot to easily track who has provided their renters insurance information. With the ability to pull reports and follow up on who have not.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Virtual Tours

Are there any plans to allow users to upload virtual tour videos of their properties?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Ability to schedule maintenance at the property level for a future date

Preventative maintenance if imperative... scheduling basic maintenance like changing furnace filters (at the unit level) is important. Going into each unit and creating a work order for a multi unit building is very time consuming. If there was a way to go to the property level and create a work order that applies to each individual unit and creates a separate work order for each unit it would be VERY helpful...

For example, being able to go to the building level.. and type "Change furnace Filters" click a button that says "all units".. and then put in a date ...…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. File Library Storage

It would be great to make File storage more organizable, When I add multiple attachments to file storage to tenant or property, it would be great if I could also sort it in folder. That would make a process of finding files more effective.
    Also, there is no possibility to send it directly from file storage to an email (like I can with reports and receipts).

That is why I am asking you to add Send to email option and Folder option in the File storage.

Sincerely, Tanya

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Property Owner's listings at a Glance

I would love if the Property page (and Tenant page) could be sorted by owners.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Select a lead tenant

Currently when there is a group of individuals who are living in a single unit and you group them under a single lead tenant and then that lead tenant moves out you have to break the group and then reform it. It would be useful if there were a checkbox to select which tenant was the lead tenant so that it is easier to change the lead when there is a change in some or one of the tenants.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Back or post-date checks

CHECK PRINTING: Option to back-date or post-date printed checks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Owner Statements > ability to print them as a batch

please allow owner statements to be printed as a batch, the same way that the tenant statements are setup.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A tenant Move Out Sheet

If there were a way to have pre-set amounts for "damage" that are charged upon move out. When a tenant is moved out of a unit, we can just click the appropriate boxes (ie, clean stove, replace carpet etc)... then the total gets subtracted from their security deposit automatically and the remainder moved to "return to tenant" or "charge tenant" if there is more money due.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Status of move out and status of make ready

Currently you make a move out in the future and there is a report that shows those. The problem is that when that date comes the computer moves them out whether they are moved out or not. Many tenants miss that date. We need to put them on notice to move out until we change it to moved out so that we can keep an eye on them. Also there needs to be a status of vacant apartments of vacant ready and vacant not ready. I have worked with 3 major programs before and all 3 offered a report for…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have an Investment Type Section

Within the Investment Type Section, have category's like, Rental, Vacant Land, Mortgage, Note, ....and also be able to added to the section.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Separate "Remit To" address from "Manager/Owner" address

Right now, all three addresses that display on a Tenant Statement are one in the same. You cannot change the "Remit To" address without also changing the company's "business address".

My "Remit To" address is my rental checking account at my bank but I obviously cannot have my bank listed as my business address.

I feel confident that many other owners have "Remit To" addresses that are different from their their regular business address.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bulletin Board for tenants portals

Can you put together something that will allow us to post a newsletter on Tenant Portals, something like a bulletin. I want to use this to remind tenants of certain things, like rules and regulations, or to carefully read their lease so we don't run into any problems later down the road.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make a Joomla Module that lets people embed the tennant features inside thier own website.

Make a joomla module where landlords can give direct access to your tenant features from within their own website so renters do not have to enter 2 sets of id/password or be directed to another site to see payment history / file access / Make payments.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base