Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Track Rent Increases

This software does not allow you to track when the last time you increased units rent and by how much. This is critical for a PM business. Please add this feature! Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alternate contact information for syndicated listings

CONTACT INFORMATION: Option to have various contact info settings throughout the program. Currently the program pulls it all from Contact Information to populate the syndication ads.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. calendar

scheduling calendar available when entering work order or integrate yours system with google calendar

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expense splitting

Divide expense evenly between all properties button.
    I have a office expense every month that I would like to divide evenly between every property. Its a different amount every month due to utilities cost. As of right now I have to charge it out individually for every property every month. (71 properties)
    Any option to divide expense evenly among properties would be awesome.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic Forte Deposit reconciliation

If you use Forte, when Forte deposits amounts, the system should automatically notate which deposits were made and put them into deposited funds. The deposited funds should clearly notate the date deposited and how deposited (via forte). Forte has all this data so pulling it in should not be an issue. Then there should be some sort of reconciliation process to allow users to do a manual reconcile to bank statements (quickbooks does a nice job of reconciliation)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. late fee calculation

Calculate late fee percentage off of monthly rental amount, not amount past due.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Attachments ie receipts or bills

When using an iPad or iPhone allow us to take a picture of the receipt with out having to scan it then attach. When you click attach it should allow access to the camera so we can take a pic right then n there

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reporting Tenants to Credit Reporting Agencies

Report Tenants eviction and non payments to credit reporting agencies. Other Tenant screening companies support this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recording Security Deposits received

We need a "transfer" option added to the tenant screen so that we can transfer security deposits to another bank account. Currently, it only gives us the option to add an "expense" to the tenant ledger. The only other option is to do the security deposit transaction in the checkbook ledger, completely separate from the tenant ledger, using only the "On Deposit" tab to keep track of it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Word documents in Forms

Please find a way to allow word documents to be properly formatted and copied into Forms

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email

When sending an email I should be able to go to the mailbox and select from a list of owners or tenants to send an email to. Currently I have to go to tenants, click send email and send individually or send to entire group. This process is not efficient at all.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More Automated Emails

I would like to be able to send "rent is coming due" emails/ or texts, then "Rent is x days late... in 2 days there will be a late fee" and "rent is x days late, if we don't receive it within 10 days you have to pay or quit"

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. business name next to logo.

Put my business name next to my logo.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. maintence and appliance records

Looking to keep track of appliance models, all maintence records, painting colors, for each property ... Can you add something?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow forms to be emailed to multiple recipients

when sending a form via email allow the To: field to accept multiple addresses separated by a comma.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically email owners when their owner disbursements are processed.

I get calls and emails from owners every month asking when their money will be sent to them. I would like an email to be sent to them automatically (or just at the click of a button) when I process their disbursements.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Ability To Put A Tenant On Notice To Move Out

I know that you can go to move out and set a tenant to move out at a later date, the problem that I keep having is a tenant doesn't move out when they say they will. Then I have them moved out and I have to either reenter them or know that they are there. Also with any management software I have used in the past there was a report for tenants on notice to move out. It was always part of the vacancy report.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Lease Expiration

Need lease expiration form with only properties that have expired leases in addition to the current form that lists the lease expiration dates of all properties.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatically email monthly Rentec Receipt

Send your invoice/bill/receipt to the customer. Don't make the customer come to Rentec for it.

On a monthly basis I have to log into Rentec and retrieve a receipt for the charge to my credit card.

Auto receipt by email each time it is generated.

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. send automatic email notification to owner when property becomes vacant

this request is to add the ability to create email templates that can be setup to automatically send out to owners when one of their properties becomes vacant.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base