Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Reports for multiple properties but with totals for each property

Currently there are two options. 1) Report by "All" properties or 2) Each individual property. These are quite useful, however, if you have a lot of properties and you want the report broken down by each property then you have to select each property, run the report, save (or print) then manually select the next property.

What I want is to print reports for each property independently but all at once, not totaling the values across all properties.

This should work for all reports such as income/expense, Schedule-E, Ledgers, etc.

Let me know if this is not clear.

Thanks,
    Keith…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for rent to be prorated for last month

I have tenants who near a university who move out either in the middle of May or the middle of August. It would be nice if the software could look at their lease expiration date/move out date and calculate a prorated rent for the last month rather than require it to be manually added.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Owner Statement Report > auto populate owner's email

When emailing an Owner Statement report, please auto-populate the selected owner's email address into the To: field.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add mobile phone number to workorders

Would it be possible to have both the home phone and mobile phone appear
    for the tenant on the workorder?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multiple Property Report Selection

It would be very helpful to be able to select multiple properties when running a Category Ledger report.

For example: We have multiple properties and 2 Client Trust Accounts. Some properties are with CTA #1 and some are with CTA#2. Currently management fees are not attached to a specific bank account. So that there is only 1 entry in the bank account for management fee withdrawals each month. When running the report via Category Ledger I can only select “All Properties” or a specific property. It would be beneficial to be able to select multiple properties of our choosing than…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tenant Payments Applied To Specific Charges

In some states, tenant payments have to be applied to specific charges rather than to a rolling balance. For example, if a tenant pays for a partial pay for a utility bill, that payment must be applied to the charge they say they are paying for and not other balances and the tenant statement must reflect the balance for various charges.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alternate workorder contact

WHO IS NOTIFIED: Option to have a default setting to email an alternative person when workorders come in vs. the account holder (under settings?) to notify if tenant or staff enter work orders - automatically

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Track Rent Increases

This software does not allow you to track when the last time you increased units rent and by how much. This is critical for a PM business. Please add this feature! Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Alternate contact information for syndicated listings

CONTACT INFORMATION: Option to have various contact info settings throughout the program. Currently the program pulls it all from Contact Information to populate the syndication ads.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. calendar

scheduling calendar available when entering work order or integrate yours system with google calendar

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expense splitting

Divide expense evenly between all properties button.
    I have a office expense every month that I would like to divide evenly between every property. Its a different amount every month due to utilities cost. As of right now I have to charge it out individually for every property every month. (71 properties)
    Any option to divide expense evenly among properties would be awesome.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. late fee calculation

Calculate late fee percentage off of monthly rental amount, not amount past due.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow attachments to print in reports

When entering expenses you can add an attachment of the receipt. Unfortunately there are no reports that will print these receipts/attachments. I don't see the value in uploading the receipts if I can't generate a report for my accountant that has the receipts come tax time.

Also, it's not easy to enter expenses on mobile phones. It would be very nice if RenTec had a mobile app instead of just being browser based.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recording Security Deposits received

We need a "transfer" option added to the tenant screen so that we can transfer security deposits to another bank account. Currently, it only gives us the option to add an "expense" to the tenant ledger. The only other option is to do the security deposit transaction in the checkbook ledger, completely separate from the tenant ledger, using only the "On Deposit" tab to keep track of it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Word documents in Forms

Please find a way to allow word documents to be properly formatted and copied into Forms

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Email

When sending an email I should be able to go to the mailbox and select from a list of owners or tenants to send an email to. Currently I have to go to tenants, click send email and send individually or send to entire group. This process is not efficient at all.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More Automated Emails

I would like to be able to send "rent is coming due" emails/ or texts, then "Rent is x days late... in 2 days there will be a late fee" and "rent is x days late, if we don't receive it within 10 days you have to pay or quit"

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. business name next to logo.

Put my business name next to my logo.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. maintence and appliance records

Looking to keep track of appliance models, all maintence records, painting colors, for each property ... Can you add something?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow forms to be emailed to multiple recipients

when sending a form via email allow the To: field to accept multiple addresses separated by a comma.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base