Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Scheduled / Emailed Reports

As a property owner, there is NO reason I should have to login to see some basic daily, weekly, or monthly numbers. I want to be able to set up a scheduled report that will automatically email me a report at defined times each month. The report should arrive as a PDF.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Property Condition Form

It would be nice to have a form for each property/unit where you can store property condition data. Example: age of roof or furnace or type of windows: maybe with a grade, so when the maintenance person does an inspection they can rate items. This information would later be available in a report for all properties to help with budgeting.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic Forte Deposit reconciliation

If you use Forte, when Forte deposits amounts, the system should automatically notate which deposits were made and put them into deposited funds. The deposited funds should clearly notate the date deposited and how deposited (via forte). Forte has all this data so pulling it in should not be an issue. Then there should be some sort of reconciliation process to allow users to do a manual reconcile to bank statements (quickbooks does a nice job of reconciliation)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Insurance

Add option to add Insurance to the property (date, policy number) to track when it expired.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Evictions

Have a way to show pending evictions. It would be nice to be able to see a separate report or section on the front screen of evictions in progress or even ones that have been served notices.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. reimbursable's to property owners accounts

when entering a reimbursement paid by the owner - let's say for a repair you did- when you enter it into the property account it goes in as a credit, (which it should) but when you do the end of the year statement for the owner it shows up as income to them - which it is not, and there is no way to alter the report to show it was money paid by the owner and if you back into the account and alter it, it throws off all of the figures which in turn messes up their tax…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. garage parking

add a means to track availability of garage and/or parking spots that we charge for

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text notification

I would like to see if we can get notifications on our phones if somebody has texted you on the system. As it is set up now if a tenant or owner contacts you threw the system by text it does not notify you. So sometimes text sit there for some time.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ability to setup a split recurring transaction

Just a suggestion: It would be amazing to be able to split a recurring transaction. My insurance bill is the same every month, but I process it as a split transaction with ~15 entries. I have to copy this manually each month.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I need sub-categories for expenses!

Suggest availability to add subcategories to any main category. Such as under the category "Repair", a person could add subcategories like "appliances", "electrical", "plumbing", etc. This would allow user to see individual detail totals in subcategories and a main overall total for the category.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. multiple units rolling balances

The sub-units have a continuous rolling balance would like to see it either smaller or not on the summary screen since we pay out from the master unit level. It is confusing to see their rolling balances every month on the property ledger screen

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. email templates

More database fields (like address etc)

More functionality in the template creator (like the form creator has... view source, tools, insert etc)

Now off to figure out how to delete the stupid "test" form and email template I made...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make a Report that shows all charges for individual tenant

It would be very helpful for us if there where a report that had all charges broken down, like rent, taxes, pet rent, w/d rental, reserved parking all in one report than having to print individual tenants statement. If we had something that showed the rent frequency also would be great, ie: monthly, bi-weekly or weekly. Thank you

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatically email owners when their owner disbursements are processed.

I get calls and emails from owners every month asking when their money will be sent to them. I would like an email to be sent to them automatically (or just at the click of a button) when I process their disbursements.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create inspection reports on Rentec

Ability to create inspection reports through Rentec

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Owner Memo Line Reports

I am suggesting that Rentec allow owners on their portals to see the memo line of a specific charge. If anything, at least give us the option per line item if we want the memo line seen for our owners. It would save me much time every month.

Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Inactive tenant filter

In tenant section, displaying only active tenants that are attached to properties. Having the Display Inactive button would be better than Active and Inactive mixed together.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. voided checks

when printing out a check (from any account) there is a drop down menu for - "un-cleared, cleared & to reconcile, etc.) it would be nice to have a title"voided or void" and have it automatically void that number check in the specific chosen account so it doesn't have to be added manually.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple Property Report Selection

It would be very helpful to be able to select multiple properties when running a Category Ledger report.

For example: We have multiple properties and 2 Client Trust Accounts. Some properties are with CTA #1 and some are with CTA#2. Currently management fees are not attached to a specific bank account. So that there is only 1 entry in the bank account for management fee withdrawals each month. When running the report via Category Ledger I can only select “All Properties” or a specific property. It would be beneficial to be able to select multiple properties of our choosing than…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base