Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Multiple types of insurance entries

A section to input additional types of insurance that are required by the property owner of their tenant. For our business, which is commercial properties with businesses as tenants, we require liability insurance and also "business interruption insurance". Have a place to enter that and keep up with the status of such would be wonderful. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Global change

Right now when I have an annual increase for a property, I have to search and open each tenant individually to adjust their rent. I should be able to do a global change such as $275 to $300

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. column width

waited until just now to notice that the width of columns of numbers is a few digits too narrow ... we are opening our business later this week. I am using your software in Vietnam where we use Vietnamese Dong (VND) ... most rent will be between 10,000,000 to 40,000,000 VND, not needing the decimal point and cents ... thus, I would need 9-10 digits with commas as separators (i.e. max total number would be 999,999,000). ANY HELP??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Application notes

Hi just wondering if at any point you can make your program be able to make a notation on the application when we decline them. We have a lot of properties we manage and people reapply days/weeks/down the road and it would be nice to be able to go back and see why they were declined in case it was just length of employment or some other minor reason.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tenants by Account

On the tenant screen, be able to pull up only those tenants that are associated with a certain account. Example: Only be able to pull up the Rotana tenants on the tenant screen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Owner Notifications

Owner notification when a Dispersement has been sent. Making it one of the templates.

We have 4 Tenant email notifications, but none for owners and they are the clients we need to keep happy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Unit # on reports

On all reports or at least on Account Ledger it should be a column to show the Unit #

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Form ideas

The forms editor is very frustrating to work with. I'd love to be able to upload a form and have it retain the docx or odt format while still being able to utilize your strings (%fullname% for example.)

Also, please make "all names" show all names.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. show owner company name when hovering over property

When you hover over a property on the Properties tab, the pop up windows that displays the owner's contact information shows the owner's first and last name.

This is a request to have that box display the owner's company name instead of their first and last.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. date availability on listings

Add a space on the marketing page for each property with date availability so the information will be populated on the website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create an option under "How many months of rolling balance for properties summary" to see rolling balance for the current tax year.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to set the rolling balance that is shown under the properties tab to current tax year rather than just the last 12 months or last 6 months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Income info-graphics on summary page

Would like to have either a pie-chart or graph showing potential rent vs. actual rent for the current period to help our staff understand how fluctuating occupancy affects overall income.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. documents

the ability to upload files for vendors - like certificate of insurance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automated Acknowledgement for the work order

Sending an automated acknowledged email to the tenant once the work order is viewed by the assignee

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sending emails to several but not ALL tenants on one property

Since we have SEVERAL tenants on each property sometimes I would like to send an email to just a few of them, maybe 4 or 5 but not always ALL of the tenants. I would love it if I could just click on the ones I want to send the email to without sending to EVERYONE on the property. I find myself more times than not having to go into my email and sending from there. It would be much easier and way more productive if I could just click on the tenants that I would like to send a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Features - Flips/New Construction (investment-non rentals)

Investment (non rental) Properties (like flips/new construction). It seems like if be very easily to implement a section for those that flip properties or do new construction. You have work orders/vendors on this program. One might have multiple investors/owners, track expenses/plan budgets/plan and assign tasks with due dates/etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable/Disable ALL Application Fields

Online Application field requirements- We would like to have the option to require all fields within the application in order to screen our applicants appropriately. Perhaps we can select a checkmark to activate this or select a dropdown similar to the enable/disable functions. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. owner info in property info

Please allow users to enter owner info in the property window. As it is now, the owner email , phone and name when you hover BUT there doesn't seem to be a way to change that information.
    We need to have Michael Hernandez email changed to info@realinvestments.com; we change it in the owner account but it doesn't reflect in the property info.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base