Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Work Orders

Improvement in need for work orders under reports.
    Subscriber should have the ability to print work orders for a particular account (owner).
    Work orders should have a signature line for the resident and tech after work is complete

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. repetitive monthly tasks and preventative maintenance track list

Would be great to have a communications portal to the owner to make preventative maintenance (can be every six months/yearly) and monthly tasks visible and then an opportunity to check them once done. The work orders tab will not work for this. Work orders are more related to future projects that is closed when done. This needs to be a repetitive list to communicate tasks completed to the owner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Property Name on Account Ledger B

Add the property name to the Account Ledger B Report.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Vendor Name Input

Need 1 more line for company name Ex: My Business Inc (line 1)
    dba My Business Name (line 2)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Auto Sync Accounts / Schedule

Scheduled Bank Sync and Batch Bank Sync. I have 2 bank accounts for each property, which creates a lot of buttons to press to sync them all. These accounts are all at the same bank, I would like to see a feature that allows me to select which accounts I would like to sync and have the ability to schedule it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Print Account Owner Info on Deposit Slip

Provide Associated Account name on Deposit Slip - Today when I print a deposit slip it prints my Contact Info in the upper left portion of the deposit rather the account's owner information. I request that when I make a deposit to an account (similar to printing a check), it uses the associated account owner's information on the deposit slip. I make deposits into 20 accounts every month and have to change my contact info before printing a deposit slip. Very time consuming. Thanks, Jeff

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Read only Override for Vendors

Allow for an read only over ride for only adding vendors so that owners can allow property managers to update vendors only and modify tenants information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto calculation of property management fees.

Have the property management calculation have 2 decimal places. Currently has 1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reconciling

When reconciling, clicking on an entry should bring you to that transaction in order to view / edit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Online Rental Application - ability to edit the age requirement

The online rental application has an age requirement of 18, however Florida's age requirement is 21. Please allow the ability to edit the age requirement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notifications when a work order is created

Get Notifications via email or text when a new work order is placed!

If it is late at night or we have not logged in for a day or so, how will we know if a new work order is placed?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PU the Owners Name on the "Send Owner Money" Screen

I would feel more comfortable seeing the Owner/Account name on the "Send Owner Money Screen" before I press the Send Money button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add 1099 field to List Vendors & Payees

Allow a "Vendor" to be classified as a payee. Add a Show Payee check box so they can be hidden and allow them to be hidden on reporting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link for cancelling ach checking info

The link to cancel previous checking info for ach should be made more visible for tenants to find it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More cash register like

Enter data but not edit data.
    Just like in retail, I'd like my Leasing Agents to be able to enter data, but if they want to 'change anything', they need a supervisor to 'override'. Also, they shouldn't be able to change old data without supervisor approval.

I still fear an unhappy employee could destroy all of my data if they chose to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. work orders

I need Recurrent work orders? Or, at least duplicate a work order? For monthly expenses, like landscaping, common area cleaning, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Print Owner Account Info on Deposit Slip

Provide Associated Account name on Deposit Slip - Today when I print a deposit slip it prints my Contact Info in the upper left portion of the deposit rather the account's owner information. I request that when I make a deposit to an account (similar to printing a check), it uses the associated account owner's information on the deposit slip. I make deposits into 20 accounts every month and have to change my contact info before printing a deposit slip. Very time consuming. Thanks, Jeff

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search for Split Transactions

The search field in the ledger should be able to locate not just the sum of a transaction but also an amount within the transaction (a split).

I have been advised that if I use the search function on the top of the screen it will search for any transaction with that dollar amount. That capability should be at the top of the ledger

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add reports to owner portal

Need some added reports for the owner portal: Ability to see the deposits on file (whether it is with the owner OR the property manager) AND the ability to see delinquent accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Screening results

You should put a “view screen results” in the application page under actions. It would make it a lot easier…..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base