Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Mortgage Tracking

Hi, as this is a Property Management platform,
    I'm sure many of your clients own some of the properties and would like to track their mortgage. I would suggest to update the software to be able to track mortgages.
    Thanks

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pay vendors by ACH

Allow us to pay Vendors through Rentec

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Unit # to Tenant Balance Screen

My owner knows units not tenant names. Thus it would be helpful to see the property / unit # along with the tenant name on the page displaying their running balance:
    Tenants: Accounting [Tenant Name]

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notification when SMS or message is in my Inbox

I do not login to Rentec every day or even every few days. But I have renters that have my Rentec SMS phone number and use that to communicate with me sometimes.

The problem is that I do not know when they have sent me a SMS to my Rentec number.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Owner portal - Payments

Allow the owner portal to have a payment page like the tenant portal so owners can easily transfer money to me for repairs.

Currently my owners are still mailing me checks, it's slow and doesn't make much sense considering tenants can making payments online.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Late Fees- Doesn't want to show Late Fee Income On Property

Popular request that PM's keep late fees and do not want the late fee income to reflect on the properties.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable recurring transfers

We have many bank transfers - just the same - that occur every month and manually inputting them each month is terribly time-consuming.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Specify which sites our listing are syndicated to

We would like to be able to specify which sites (Zillow, Trulia, etc) are syndicated to. Please make each site optional via checkmarks on each.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a Vendor app to enable vendors to complete work orders, receive work orders and submit comments or photos

Create a VENDOR app for vendors to check work orders and submit completion reports

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need date column on make deposit screen!!!

We really need a date deposit column on the make deposit screen!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bill payment center/track Accounts Payable

BILL CENTER: Ability to enter expenses that are not "paid" and be able to convert them to "paid" on the property. Pull reports on what "bills" are waiting to be paid/when

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Accept Electronic Cash Payments

The option to accept electronic cash payments through money ordering centers, such 7-11 or Ace Cash Express locations, and have these payments sync with merchant account and Rentec ledgers.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow split expense across multi-units to have a recurring option

When trying to post mortgage payments across more than one property (split payment), it would be beneficial to only have one check to the mortgage holder. Since this is an on-going expense, there should be a recurring transaction option for split transactions.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email Log

A chronological email log of all emails tied into the Rentec Interface (emailed reports, automated emails to tenants, blast emails to all tenants/owners, failed transactions, work orders, etc...)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tenant Grouping

I would like to strongly suggest providing tenant grouping. Once a significant amount of tenants are acquired, navigating would be much easier if they could be grouped -- even if only by property. Thanks.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. duplicate checks or invoice numbers

Would like for the system to not allow a transaction to be posted if a duplicate check number or reference number is entered. This would prevent duplicate payment of vendor invoices.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Vendor Tab

Having a Tab associated with Vendors would be handy. Here you could quickly find vendors contact info or simply cut them a check.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. move-in and move-out pictures

Have the ability to save pictures for each tenants move-in and move-out.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. RRentec Forms interface to allow upload of PDF's

I have a 24 page lease template composed of:
    1) Lease (WORD file), 2) Rider (WORD file), 3) Lead paint brochure (PDF), 4) Bed bug brochure (PDF), 5) Radon gas disclosure (PDF), 6) Heat cost disclosure (PDF). I consolidated these files into a single PDF.

It would be great if the Rentec Forms interface would allow me to upload my 24 page PDF lease template, but it does not :(.
    Seems the Forms interface only has the capacity to receive text that is pasted into it :(.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base