Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Track Tenant & Owner Logins

Would like the ability to view login history for owner and tenant portals.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mortgage Tracking

Hi, as this is a Property Management platform,
    I'm sure many of your clients own some of the properties and would like to track their mortgage. I would suggest to update the software to be able to track mortgages.
    Thanks

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. multiple tenant emails

Allow for spouse or other tenant's email address also so that when we send out emails, it would go to all tenants in the unit.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dynamically Adjust Occupancy Rate Graph in the Summary

Every time the new unit added, Occupancy Rate drops in the previous months like that unit was vacant. New units should not change occupancy rate in the past.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow import of financial data in .csv form

Please allow for direct import of financial data in .csv format. Would save a great deal of time importing data from my online bank statement.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tracking violations

A way to easily track # of lates, 3, day, 10 day, ect notices, and track lease/HOA violations for easy reference.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CAM charges to post prior to due date

It would be helpful to be able to set the day that cam charges would appear in a tenant's ledge/portal, or have them linked in on the same day that rent charges populate. Currently, CAM charges will only post on the actual due date, like a standard recurring charge. Printing out invoices in advance, or directing tenants to their portal ledger is not helpful as tenants will not see those CAM charges early.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notification when SMS or message is in my Inbox

I do not login to Rentec every day or even every few days. But I have renters that have my Rentec SMS phone number and use that to communicate with me sometimes.

The problem is that I do not know when they have sent me a SMS to my Rentec number.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Home Improvements Page

Hello,
    I love the site and have multiple properties to manage. Your site is a great tool and I appreciate the service you provide.

I would like to suggest that you please add a feature that many property owners like myself would find very useful. I would like to see under the properties menu a new screen that would allow me to input data such as dates that the main systems of the house were replaced. Such as the roof, HVAC, carpet, windows, paint (exterior and interior), and appliances. In addition it would be nice to have drop down options…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ADD biweekly (every two weeks) ACH payment option

This will help the tenants that can only pay when they get their paycheck every two weeks.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. text unpaid rent

it would be good if there was a way to automatically send out a text message to anyone with unpaid rent on the 5th of the month?

more people respond to text than email

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sort options in tenant tab

TENANTS TAB: Sort options by Tenant or Property (maybe other columns too while we're at it)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recurring SPLIT transactions

Please allow the opportunity to create recurring split transactions that allow me to post a monthly payment to multiple properties. I have consolidated my loans so I make one mortgage payment that applies to 3 properties. Presently, there is no way to set this up as a recurring payment. THANK YOU!!!!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic late pay eviction notices to print

I would like automatic creation of state compliant eviction notices. I’d like to com in to the office on the 6th and have a list of forms ready to print.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow manager to define which charges apply to the late fee

When setting up charges for a tenant, allow an option to have this charge apply to late fees or not. For example, the monthly rent charge if left unpaid would impose a late fee; however, a utility bill added as a charge to a tenant may not. The system should then only charge a late fee based on an overdue status of the selected charges.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create default settings for HOA properties within Rentec PM

As a PM who manages HOA's and traditional multi-family housing, the ability to set the default billing and income categories for monthly dues at the property level is critical. The owners who are paying their dues are confused by the term "tenant" and "rent charges" and the income category defaulting to a rent category is incorrect and changing it each month during collections is tedious.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enhance The Deposit Ticket Option

Bank deposit slips are not being accepted by banks because they are not an item that they can scan. They need the proper coding.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically scroll back down

I hate when I go into any property or tenant to edit it, that when am done it brings me back to the top of the page. I would like for it to go back to where I was, so I don't have to keep scrolling back done to where I was, just to start over again after editing another one.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tenant Grouping

I would like to strongly suggest providing tenant grouping. Once a significant amount of tenants are acquired, navigating would be much easier if they could be grouped -- even if only by property. Thanks.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Text/ email when a text comes through Rentec

It would be great to add functionality that would notify when text messages come in. This could be done by sending an email each time that a text gets a reply or by doing a forward to a text number. This would help utilize this platform for communication with tenants better and keep all the information housed in one spot.
    Tyler

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base