Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1st month's pre-paid rent not posting to default income account

when posting a payment for a tenant that has been placed into a property, but has a future move-in date, the payment does not use the property's default income account. Once the tenant's move-in date has been reached, it then begins using the property's default income account.

User's are not realizing this, and are wondering why the 1st payment isn't posting to the bank account ... and are asking if we can change this behavior so that this first payment does recognize the property's default income account even though the tenant's move in date is set in the future? This…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would it be possible to sum up all of the outstanding rents in the Summary Screen?

Would it be possible to sum up all of the outstanding rents in the Summary Screen?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add 'All Owners' as a filter option when pulling reports.

The Arizona Department of Real Estate is requesting that I provide them with balance reports consolidating all of the owner information in one report instead of individual reports for each owner. Could you please add 'All Owners' as one of the options under the Choose Account section when selecting a filter?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ACH or Draft as type of expense

I hope it would be possible to add one more name to "Type" of recurring expense or, for that matter, any other expense.

Right now, the names in the drop down menu are: Check; Print Check; Cash; Other. Could you add "ACH" or "Draft".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tracking Pets

Need the ability to track whether a tenant has a pet (s). Ideally, it would be useful to track what type of pet, upload a photo, and if they paid any fees or deposits for this pet.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. payrent.com

Looking into using payrent.com which offers many flexible pay options for tenants which include paying cash at walmart/money gram locations and paying over the phone 24 hours a day. Can this software be integrated with them?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. check printing

When printing on BLANK check stock, allow the option of the signature line to print or NOT print.

I am currently saving to PDF and removing the line.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow creation of a report for "not in any category/property"

There is no good way to find all transactions that have "None" for the category, property, tenant or bank. Sometimes "None" makes perfect sense but sometimes it is a typo when entering a transaction. Especially for category and property - having "None" here is often a mistake.

The "Category Ledger" report should allow selecting "None" for the category to assist in finding these.

The Expense, Income, and Exp/Inc reports should list income and expense items that don't have a category. Same thing with the Operating Statement reports.

Not quite as important but still useful would be to allow selecting "None"…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give more info on the "sync with bank" feature

I tried the "sync with bank" feature and it worked perfectly on the Rentec end. However, doing that somehow enrolled with me with a QuickBooks online software program subscription service with Wells Fargo for 14.99/mo. I called them as soon as I got the email thanking me for signing up and cancelled it right away, but other people who aren't expecting this may be surprised down the road if they don't catch it right away. When I asked them how I signed up for "QuickBooks" they said I had entered my bank information through an online accounting program on 6/12.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding subcategories to main categories

Suggest availability to add subcategories to any main category. Such as under the category "Repair", a person could add subcategories like "appliances", "electrical", "plumbing", etc. This would allow user to see individual detail totals in subcategories and a main overall total for the category.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. revenue management

I'd love for Rentec to help with setting new rents, by analyzing the rents we have achieved (like a lite version of revenue management software, e.g. YieldStar and Rainmaker). Within this system, we should be able to set max rent raises on rent-control properties too, however the housing authority dictates them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search for Split Transactions

The search field in the ledger should be able to locate not just the sum of a transaction but also an amount within the transaction (a split).

I have been advised that if I use the search function on the top of the screen it will search for any transaction with that dollar amount. That capability should be at the top of the ledger

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow "Insert Images" on Print Checks

We would like to be able to insert our company logo into the "Name and Address" field on the print checks Account function.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Marketing Page (Online Property Advertisement

If managing multiple complexes with apartment complexes having their own website, would like to have another URL to link that pertains to that complex only. Currently can link all sub units vacant individually, but would like to see A master unit advertisement page and then a drill down of subunits available.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Late Fees- Doesn't want to show Late Fee Income On Property

Popular request that PM's keep late fees and do not want the late fee income to reflect on the properties.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. payment due email created too far in advance when taking over a lease

When setting up a new tenant taking over a lease it creates an email to send them saying payment is due. Although, for instance, say a tenant moves in August 1st and is put in Rentec now after their application has been accepted, they have signed a lease, and a made a deposit. I'm not sure why anyone would want a payment invoice email to go out this far in advance for payment due for the rent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. late fee threshold

Add the ability to set a threshold for the late fees, so that you can choose not to charge late fees on balances under a specified amount.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Bank Account as a column to the Account Ledger reports

If I forget to enter the bank account when posting an expense, there doesn't seem to be any way to search back through all expenses to find these transactions.

If you could add bank account to the account ledger, this should be an easy way to show if the bank account was mistakenly not entered when the expense was posted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Persistent search

Would like to see a persistent search option in the reports tab once a property/account is chosen.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. display cost on printed work order

Suggestion and very important: Need to add the costs of the job to the work order so it can be easily transmitted to the owner by email. Right now you have to print the work order add the cost to it, scan it and then upload to the file library or email to the owner. Too many steps when all it needs is to be added to the work order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base