Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Adding Owners

When adding owners and using the tab to enter data, would be nice if the Tax ID was not in the flow of completing the address. Either moving it before name or after address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Common Files

Other Management data base has a common files tab. It would be useful to have this feature to store lease templates, resident notices etc. These templates would be uploaded as a doc. to be edited.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show CHECK NUMBERS

Not being able to see check numbers is really debilitating. Also, there should be the option of sorting by check number rather than date for reports.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an "All Accounts" report function, not just "All Properties"

It is impossible to run vendor or category reports across all accounts, which poses a big problem since some vendors are paid out of various accounts, not only across various properties. Also related: transactions related to archived properties don't show up in reports for "All Properties" and they should.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Easy Pay-Checking/Savings Account Option for Setup

For Easy Pay> Need a Checking/Savings account option when setting up tenants for ACH Some banks require the information they received have this information

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vendor List-Add Color Shading for Categories

add color shading in the area under the settings tab where you assign categories for vendors

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Scheduled / Emailed Reports

As a property owner, there is NO reason I should have to login to see some basic daily, weekly, or monthly numbers. I want to be able to set up a scheduled report that will automatically email me a report at defined times each month. The report should arrive as a PDF.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Work Orders

Improvement in need for work orders under reports.
    Subscriber should have the ability to print work orders for a particular account (owner).
    Work orders should have a signature line for the resident and tech after work is complete

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add word processing

I send out a short note to my owners each month with the financial report. Now i do it in Word and save a copy in their paper file. It would be nice to write it in Rentec and have it saved in the owners history file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. column width

waited until just now to notice that the width of columns of numbers is a few digits too narrow ... we are opening our business later this week. I am using your software in Vietnam where we use Vietnamese Dong (VND) ... most rent will be between 10,000,000 to 40,000,000 VND, not needing the decimal point and cents ... thus, I would need 9-10 digits with commas as separators (i.e. max total number would be 999,999,000). ANY HELP??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Marketing Tab or Quick Links to Listing

It would be useful to have either a marketing tab in the program, or a quick link in the summary page (on the bottom, next to work orders), that would take you to all available listings and be able to toggle them from that location (update, remove.) In addition, if there was a marketing tab, there could be sub-tabs for tracking traffic, leads, conversion rates.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep Company Financials Off "All Property" Financials

When customers wish to track income and expenses for their company, they can easily create a property for "ABC Company" and post customized income and expense transactions. However, this "property" skews vacancy and financial reports for "all properties." It would be great to have an option to exclude a single property or selected properties from report options.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delinquency Report

Your current delinquency report is sorted by tenant's last name. This report should be sorted by delinquency amount!!!! Or better yet, have a clickable column heading so the user can choose how to sort this report. Also, I'd like to see additional columns in this report. . . for example: 'Monthly Rent'. If a tenant is $600 delinquent and their rent is $600/month, that is much different than a tenant who is $600 delinquent and their rent is only $300/month.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Build a character counter in the SMS

Create a characters counter so you will know when you are at the max characters for sending an SMS. Currently only get an error if you are sending too many.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion Duane. We just completed another feature which allows for greater than 160 character messages which might all but eliminate this issue for you in the first place. If the message exceeds 160 chars it will now still send the entire message to the recipient.

15. separate check number/reference, invoice/transaction, and description fields

It would be helpful to have a separate check/reference number field and invoice/transaction number field, while still being able to enter a meaningful description of a payment for the owners to view. I can enter an invoice number in the memo field, and then enter a description in the "display as" field, but then the display overrides the category name on the ledger reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add move-in and move-out category to notices

in addition to being able to see lease expiration dates and late rents is it possible to add a tab next to workorders, tenant screening, mailboxes, and file library indicating move-in and move-out info or in the notices section? thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Archive accounts

I would like to see the ability to Archive accounts, much the same way property and tenants currently work.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add sub-total for split transactions

For example if a check is received e.g. $1000 to pay for various items ($975 rent, $25 inspection fee) that as each one is entered that the remaining amount appear.
    Foe example enter the amount of the check $1000 received and then then enter the split transaction assigning $975 to rent. The remaining $25 then shows as needing to be assigned.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tenant Ledger Report to include option to run "0000 Charge" report.

Currently the Category ledger only pulls paid charges (income) not posted charges. I would like the ability to have the Tenant Category Ledger be sorted by unit number or name. Currently it is only by name and that makes accounting difficult. Unless you can make this report an Excel export in which case I can sort on my own provided the unit number is a field in the report.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reports

I have a couple suggestions regarding reports.
    1. Reports that can be scheduled: Imagine if I could schedule a daily report, or weekly, or monthly report that would automatically run and email me the results.
    2. Reports with relative date ranges: last day, week, month, year.
    3. Alerts: Thresholds for delinquent tenants (individually or collectively) would result in an email or text alert.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base