Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Additional Tenants on Approved application and lease

When you start a lease for tenants that both tenants be on the lease NOT JUST ONE. I should NOT have to add the second tenant!!! Its should be done automatically. That goes for the same when you approve an application. If there are two people on the application and you approve it it should approve BOTH APPLICATIONS AND PUT BOTH PEOPLE INTO THE COMPUTER. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ADD THE SECOND TENANTS INFO IN ORDER TO GET THEM INTO THE COMPUTER.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UNPAID EXPENSES link to Undeposited funds

Add in Undeposited Funds Acc a
    "Print a check" button also,
    This would be handy to be able to use this account as:
    UNDEPOSITED FUNDS or
    UNPAID EXPENSES
    With this option we could consolidate small expenses applied for a single vendor in several WORKORDERs-(Apply expense to propery), send the expenses to UNPAID, and when its time to pay them, cut the check for sum of all
    this is different workorders, diferrent properties, SAME vendor.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accept electronic cash payments into multiple different checking accounts

Ability to accept electronic cash payments into multiple different checking accounts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sending emails to several but not ALL tenants on one property

Since we have SEVERAL tenants on each property sometimes I would like to send an email to just a few of them, maybe 4 or 5 but not always ALL of the tenants. I would love it if I could just click on the ones I want to send the email to without sending to EVERYONE on the property. I find myself more times than not having to go into my email and sending from there. It would be much easier and way more productive if I could just click on the tenants that I would like to send a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. data field insert for docusign lease

Add a data field in the forms area to INSERT "partial months rent" thats calculated by a tenants move-in date. Currently this cannot be done! It makes creating a "move in costs" section of a lease (or move-in letter with a itemized costs" breakdown very laborious and error prone. Your application calculates partial month or pro-rated rent, getting that information into a document (lease or otherwise) would be huge. The competitive apps can do it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove underlining from data fields in Forms

Using data fields to craft a form letter that can be easily emailed to a tenant is really slick. However, the result is a piece of correspondence that has every merged field underlined. If you've created a letter from scratch - Date field, Tenant Name, address, greeting...some body text and signature line, ALL are underlined, while the rest of the letter is not. It looks REALLY unprofessional. Please fix this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prorated back end rent

Calculate rent prorates on the back end in addition to the front end for partial month rentals.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. cash payment- notification

enable email notification for cash payments received, simular to emails received when tenant schedules an ach

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix import bug

BUG: When importing from my chase card, entries on the margin between last import and this import were double-imported.

It showed the last import as 6/16, and so this import went from 6/16 to 7/16 ("today" at the time, it took me a while to figure out what happened). 4 charges that happened on 6/15 and 6/16 were imported last time and were also imported this time, causing them to show up twice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. multi tenant text for ability to contact all tenants in property

ability to add multi tenant email and mobile for group email and texts

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tenant statement enhancement - add a column to separate debit from credit.

The tenant statement looks nice on screen but when it is printed out or saved in a PDF file, the debit and credit are combined into one column that makes it not easy see the credits/payments. Please make the saved/printed report the same as that on the screen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do Not Rent To List

Do Not Rent List

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recurring transaction with multiple items

Each month I write a check to a vendor who services multiple properties for one owner. It would be nice to have the ability to create a recurring expense transaction with multiple line items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Failed ACH payments result in incorrect cleared deposits

Subject: Failed ACH payments result in incorrect cleared deposits

Here is the scenario...

- Two separate tenants pay via ACH on the same day, let's say $500 each
    - Both deposits show on the VT deposit form, so we create a $1,000 bank deposit
    - The bank receives a $1,000 deposit, so we clear the Rentec deposit
    - We later receive notification that one of the $500 ACH payments was rejected
    - The Rentec system automatically updates the $500 payment (that was already deposited and cleared through the bank) setting it to $0, making the cleared deposit now $500 (though…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Late fee Income Category

Allow late fees to apply to Late Fee Income category instead of automatically to rental income.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Splitting income/expenses per sub unit.

I have owners complain that the portal owner statements do not split up income/expenses for individual units in multi-unit properties. This can be very confusing and I have to pull an operating statement for them. Please make a change to allow the owner to see sub unit accounting. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Late fee charge

The North Carolina Board of Realtors does not allow us to charge a late fee on the entire balance owed. We can only charge a late fee against the rent due for that month, not previous balances or any other charges. Rentec does not have an option to do this. It should.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Print Run Date on Reports

Print run date on reports

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Due date on invoices

Add invoice due date as a field on expenses. That way we can enter a statement / invoice date and a due date and run reports as to when bills are due vs when they are received.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Past due rent on dashboard

The Dashboard should show delinquent tenants. We shouldnt have to run a report to get a feel for who owes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base