Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Be able enter the ledger from the tenant edit screen

Add a button to enter the ledger from the tenant edit window.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter by unit name on tenant tab

I want to be able to filter by unit name on the tenant tab. When a tenant calls, if you don't know the exact spelling of their name, it would be great to be able to search by the unit name to locate their file, rather than having to start of the properties tab, get the main tenant name, then go back to the tenant tab, locate the main tenant and see if they are listed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Prospective owner tracking

Prospect tracking - have the ability to input owner prospects and all their and the property information, with the ability to convert to a current client if/when they become one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customize Work Orders

The ability to customize work orders. This would allow us to add fields such as "Material cost: $____" for field agents to fill in if they have to purchase extra things for a repair (Ex: a screen door, paint, etc.). Another example field would be a "Labor Hours:____" field as well as a signature field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. incoming text notification

Provide text or email notification to admin when a text message has been received. Currently, the message could sit unanswered because admin does not know it is there.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Negative Owner ACH Line Item For Multiple Property Owners

Owner ACH payment currently cannot be entered as a negative amount for a property. For multiple property owners that wish to have expenses deducted from rent instead of owner contribution, there needs to be a way to enter a negative amount into that property's line item box. Example: owner has two properties, one has a balance of $500, other property has a negative balance of $100. Instead of having to do a manual transfer between properties, you should have the option to put ($100) on the second property in the owner payment wizard. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Print Owner Account Info on Deposit Slip

Provide Associated Account name on Deposit Slip - Today when I print a deposit slip it prints my Contact Info in the upper left portion of the deposit rather the account's owner information. I request that when I make a deposit to an account (similar to printing a check), it uses the associated account owner's information on the deposit slip. I make deposits into 20 accounts every month and have to change my contact info before printing a deposit slip. Very time consuming. Thanks, Jeff

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Print Account Owner Info on Deposit Slip

Provide Associated Account name on Deposit Slip - Today when I print a deposit slip it prints my Contact Info in the upper left portion of the deposit rather the account's owner information. I request that when I make a deposit to an account (similar to printing a check), it uses the associated account owner's information on the deposit slip. I make deposits into 20 accounts every month and have to change my contact info before printing a deposit slip. Very time consuming. Thanks, Jeff

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Budgeting tool

Budgeting tool: within overall income field, be able to sub categorize funds allocated for specific purposes (repairs, security deposits, capital expense, etc)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. show split transaction button on first input

why must we save the item then edit to be able to split the transaction? why oh why oh why oh?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Vendor Remit to Address (separate mailing and remit to addresses)

Many vendors have separate addresses for receiving payments. It would be nice to have the option to specify a separate address

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automated Charge on Tenant Failure

Automated Tenant Billing Charge Upon Tenant Payment Failure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Past due rent on dashboard

The Dashboard should show delinquent tenants. We shouldnt have to run a report to get a feel for who owes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bank Reconciliation - Display last reconciled amount and date

I saw that this has been suggested before, but the latest was 3 years ago so I'm trying to bring this back in front. It would be helpful to know if something was done incorrectly during the month when we start bank rec, it tells us our begin date (which would be the day after our last month end date), and the starting balance (which would be our ending balance from last month). In other software I have used, this proved to be very valuable when doing the bank rec. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Both master tenants and co-tenants- Insurance

The ability to add insurance for not only the master tenant, but for the co-tenant as well. Many times roommates are not related, and it would be very helpful to have the insurance tab track not only the master tenants insurance but the co-tenant if it’s separate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatic MultiPay of Balance Due vs. Fixed Amount

Allow MultiPay of Balance Due vs. a fixed amount.

We have tenants set up with Easypay via paper form authorization whose monthly balance varies with CAM charges, would like a Multipay option to automatically collect balance due vs. manual monthly entry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom Info Field specific to each and every tenant

Custom Info additional area would be nice if specific to each and every tenant and not populated across the entire platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto Sync Accounts / Schedule

Scheduled Bank Sync and Batch Bank Sync. I have 2 bank accounts for each property, which creates a lot of buttons to press to sync them all. These accounts are all at the same bank, I would like to see a feature that allows me to select which accounts I would like to sync and have the ability to schedule it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Phone Number Search

In the tenants tab, it would be great if we could search phone numbers (all: primary, cell and work).

In the main system search, it will pick up the primary phone number but not the cell or work number for the tenant. Would be great if these were incorporated into the search.

The only way around doing a phone search is to list name and number in the "additional occupant" block at the bottom of edit tenant which is double the work. =]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto-reminder for workorders

Auto-reminder for workorders that have been in an open or unassigned status for X amount of days

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base