Below are step-by-step instructions on how to set up Tenant Portals. Click here to view the Training Video (*the tenant info page layout has changed since this video was created.)
To provide Tenants their username & password:
- Click on Tenant Tab
- Right-click on Tenant's name
- Edit tenant
- Enter their email address in the field provided (this will be their login name)
- Enable portal access (turn the portal ON for the tenant by checking the box next to Enable Portal)
- Create portal password by clicking on the " - not setup - " button
- In this box you can create a custom password or have the system auto-generate one for you by clicking the green icon. To prompt an email notice to your tenant with login and password instructions, be sure to select the email box and the submit button.
**Make sure to SAVE CHANGES at the top or bottom of your Edit Tenant Screen**
SAMPLE OF EMAIL AUTO GENERATED FOR TENANT:
Beyond your custom web address, Tenants can login to their portal at this universal web address: www.rentecdirect.com/tenants
In the Tenant portal, the Tenant is presented with a Summary Tab, Statement Tab, Repairs Tab, Easy Pay (if enabled), File Tab and a Settings Tab.
- Repairs Tab: Tenants can submit work orders through their portal and their will be a wrench icon that will appear next to the property name as well as you will receive an email notification. (Make sure your email notification is enabled by heading to the Settings Tab, Program Defaults.)
- EasyPay Tab - If you've enabled payment processing, they would be able to toggle it here. (Click Here to Learn more about this feature.)
- Files Tab: Tenants will be able to view files that you have chosen to share with them through their portal
If you are a PM client, follow this link for instructions on setting up the Owner Portal.