To document an NSF transaction, follow these steps:
- Open the ledger where the payment was made
- Locate the transaction that failed
- Make note of the transaction date & check number
- While in the ledger, select $ Post Payment
- Enter in a NEGATIVE
payment amount that reflects the original payment and use the original check number.
- Add in a description of "NSF (payment date)" or another description such as "Payment Failed (payment date)".
- Select the Bank Account that these funds were deposited into, if applicable.
- Post transaction
**You may also want to post additional ledger entries for late fees and/or NSF fees at this time.
Keywords: Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF), Bounced Check, Failed Payment