Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Report: work-orders w/o expenses posted

It would be extremely helpful for me to have a report that shows me:
    - all the work-orders which have no expense post
    - for all work-orders with expense posted, show the split between the property and tenant
    - for all work-orders with expense posted, show difference in amount work-order vs expense

Thank you so much.
    Raluca

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create an option to select the bank account when sending money

The option to select a bank account when sending owners money would be a huge improvement. Choosing what bank account the money was sent from is just as important as to which property it applies too but you only have the option to select which property it applies to. I am having to go back to each transaction and edit so I can select the bank account so I can balance the account. Please help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow creation of a report for "not in any category/property"

There is no good way to find all transactions that have "None" for the category, property, tenant or bank. Sometimes "None" makes perfect sense but sometimes it is a typo when entering a transaction. Especially for category and property - having "None" here is often a mistake.

The "Category Ledger" report should allow selecting "None" for the category to assist in finding these.

The Expense, Income, and Exp/Inc reports should list income and expense items that don't have a category. Same thing with the Operating Statement reports.

Not quite as important but still useful would be to allow selecting "None"…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Form of Payment for Security deposits

We collect Security deposit and they sometimes pay with a Credit Card. How can I add Credit card as a form of payment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cleared status on reconciled items.

We like to keep all of our records completely up to date. With that we reconcile our account daily. I think it would be beneficial and less time consuming, when mid-month reconciling, when I checkmark any item that it would show cleared status automatically instead of me having to go into each separate transaction and put it as cleared status myself.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add the ability to share files uploaded to workorder with owners

when uploading a file to a workorder, you then have to upload the file again to the file library in order to share it with the owner. This request is to be able to share files uploaded to the workorder to avoid having to upload the file into to different areas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. workorder issue

how come there are no contact details for the tenants when the email comes in? I would like the tenant phone number and email inside the details....instead I have to log in to the platform and find the details to contact them...waste of time.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A button that allows download of files

In the Rentec disclaimer it says that owners should also save files to a USB or hard drive in case of failure.. .it would be nice if for each property it was possible to download all the files in tact (in the same folders by property)... and back up all the files...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Syndicated Sites

Would like the ability to turn off the sites we wish not to advertise on. Receiving spam emails from Zillow only, would like to disable this site.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Cashiers Check as a form of payment

We use Cashiers check as a form of payment and would be great to have this added as a form of payment received

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reports

1) Move in report over a range of dates get a listing of tenants that move in
    2) Move out report-over a range of dates getting a list of tenant that moved out (this reports needs to include inactive and archived tenants)
    3) more sophisticated rent roll report per property versus a tenant rent roll. This would show the history of rent increases or decreases during a specific date range. This is useful for those trying to determine market rents and adjust increases/decreases for the next year

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scheduled Tenants with Co-Renters

Cannot group co-renters with scheduled tenants. When you try to add them prior to the primary moving in, it groups them w/ current resident

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. let it be an option to let clients be able to read the memo/notes column.

Pretty simple we need to have the option to have our notes or memos column be read by owners or clients. Lots of notes regarding charges or payment are listed there. They are blind without it. Then it takes lots of time to look up and explain what the charges are for. Its easy to list.....repair to water heater or a utility that is added to a renters payment recieved and stating the month etc. Its a very useful field but only the property manager can see it. Useless up to a point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give more info on the "sync with bank" feature

I tried the "sync with bank" feature and it worked perfectly on the Rentec end. However, doing that somehow enrolled with me with a QuickBooks online software program subscription service with Wells Fargo for 14.99/mo. I called them as soon as I got the email thanking me for signing up and cancelled it right away, but other people who aren't expecting this may be surprised down the road if they don't catch it right away. When I asked them how I signed up for "QuickBooks" they said I had entered my bank information through an online accounting program on 6/12.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tenant Portal Updates

The language on the summary tab is confusing to tenants as many are not familiar with accounting statements. For example if a tenant has pre-paid $600, it will show "Amount Due -$600" and the words "next payment due" still reflects the next rent collection day, yet with this credit, they don't actually have any amount due on that day. This is confusing to the tenant. With credits, it would be nice to have the language in the summary tab change to be more obvious, such as trading "next payment due" to "New Charges to Post on" and then have the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. payrent.com

Looking into using payrent.com which offers many flexible pay options for tenants which include paying cash at walmart/money gram locations and paying over the phone 24 hours a day. Can this software be integrated with them?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would it be possible to sum up all of the outstanding rents in the Summary Screen?

Would it be possible to sum up all of the outstanding rents in the Summary Screen?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Filter Inactive Tenants on Summary Page

Add in a program default or filter option that would remove any inactive tenant activity from the summary page.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add ACH or Draft as type of expense

I hope it would be possible to add one more name to "Type" of recurring expense or, for that matter, any other expense.

Right now, the names in the drop down menu are: Check; Print Check; Cash; Other. Could you add "ACH" or "Draft".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base