Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Work Orders for Invoices

I like using the work orders for internal maintenance receipts. I would like to be able to turn off or not show the tenant's name and contact info for that so I can send them to the owners, as receipts. Maybe have an option for work orders to save as invoices once the work orders are closed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add deposit attachments

In most of the program, you can use file library to attach documents to almost anything. Yet it is not possible to attach a deposit receipt to a deposit. Is this possible or could you please add?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select a lead tenant

Currently when there is a group of individuals who are living in a single unit and you group them under a single lead tenant and then that lead tenant moves out you have to break the group and then reform it. It would be useful if there were a checkbox to select which tenant was the lead tenant so that it is easier to change the lead when there is a change in some or one of the tenants.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. email directly from the file library

A very helpful feature would be to be able to email directly from the file
    library to someone.

See attachment here.

If I have to email a lease to an owner or broker, now i would have to
    download, save it and then email it out. What would be ideal would be is if we could email it directly from rentec, that it would be an attachment and open up our email system or email through Rentec like you can do with the reports.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. update payee on individual management fees when using pay manager utility

when using the pay property manager utility and assigning a payee for the transaction, I would like the program to automatically update the payee on all of the individual management fees also. This way when viewing the Account Ledger A report, the payee on the management would show rather than "- - - ".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Security Deposit Account-Option to have Undeposited Funds for Default

Would like to see the Undeposited Funds account be an option to set for a default bank account for the Security Deposit Account.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tenant Tab

It would be very useful to sort the tenant tab by: tenant, location, amount. It would be great to be able to click on the top bar and sort automatically. I have over 80 tenants at several location and it makes it very hard to move around.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. depreciation reports

It would be nice if the depreciation report would pull a higher level of detail from the entered expense.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. please give us the ability to upload .pdf or .docs to the new Forms page.

The new Forms page is such a great idea, thank you so much. Would it be possible to upload pre-existing documents? I'd like to upload a .pdf of my current rental agreement, then insert the database fields where they're needed.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately PDF and DOC files do not reliably convert to HTML which is what we need in order to do templates. This is a limitation of PDF and Word Doc technology. We would love to support it if we could. In the meantime, in the support document here it explains how to use cloudconvert.com to convert these type of files to a usable format.

http://support.rentecdirect.com/knowledgebase/articles/828678-custom-forms-editor

Look for the section that says “How to copy an existing .pdf document into Rentec Forms”.

10. Have an Investment Type Section

Within the Investment Type Section, have category's like, Rental, Vacant Land, Mortgage, Note, ....and also be able to added to the section.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto email notice - option to send daily

Prefer to email and SMS daily for delinquent tenants

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reports sorted by manager

Option to sort financial reports by property manager portfolio to allow for manager performance review by administrator of account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rent Roll A with amount received

Rent Roll A with amount received

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Screening applicants

It would make the application process faster if the final screening page imported all of the information from the application (address) so we wouldn't have to do it manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rent check number

Can we add a variable %rent_check_number% to the rent receipt that is emailed to the tenant after posting a rent? I looked up but didn't find in the existing list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Incorporate Scheduling Software for Showing Appointments

We currently use youcanbook.me for people who are interested in our property to schedule appointments with us. Their software allows us to adjust time slots, text reminders to those who have scheduled (important!) and more. The amount of time it saves me not having to deal with phonecalls is wonderful. I also have fewer no-shows with the text reminders.

It would be so great to have this or something like it incorporated into your marketing website that property managers can use when advertising properties.

Here is a screenshot of one I have set up right now.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rename files when or after uploading Files

It will be very helpful to have this option when uploading files , in my case I upload all receipts out of my smartphone but I end up having duplicate files with the same name image.jpg.
    if the system allows to rename the file when uploading or automatic name default such as (Date &time) ex: photo-2015-04-23-07-30-00.ext it will help retrieve the file quickly and or download the file without overwriting problem .
    thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. only moved out tenant

A button which displays all the information about the moved out tenants.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. report which gives monthly income

A report which displays monthly columns of income and expenses associated with selected property and its sub units and date-range selected.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. reports

NEED TO BE ABLE TO HIT PRINT ONE TIME AND PRINT ALL INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY REPORTS WITHOUT GOING INTO EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY. THIS IS VERY TIME CONSUMING.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base