Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Accrual Accounting option

Option to use either cash or accrual method of accounting

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have an automated email go to landlords when an easy pay is initiated.

We get calls from landlords wondering how much they are getting paid while they are awaiting funds to show up in their bank. Once an easy pay is initiated, it would be great to have an email sent.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One place to view all applications

It would be nice if there was a way to access and view all applications in one place rather than having to go to each individual property or unit. I use Rentec to manage one property with 12 units and its hard keeping track of all the applications once they've been viewed. I would like to see one place to get access to all my applications and which properties/units they are for. I would be more inclined to use Rentec for my other properties/units if this were possible.
    Thank you,
    Zach Handyside
    Moso Village, LLC

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Changes to Property - Give Option to Propagate to Every Unit

If I change the property owner, or the operating account, or the management fee, etc., etc., I currently must do this for every single unit separately. There should be an option (perhaps a single check-box or pop-up after clicking save) to auto-propagate the changes made to a Property down to the sub-units within that Property.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a TODAY button to the QUICK SELECT DATE in the ACCOUNTS tab.

This would make my life so much easier when I am doing my Receipts Register Report and Owner Statements!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. few issues

-Need prorated calculation added to form creation.
    -need option to change which unit application is attached to. running multi unit apartment complex can be difficult if you are not sure which applicant will be assigned which unit
    -not needed but helpful, in form creation it would be nice to be able to upload a form and add fields.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Checkbox for commercial property

Hello,

It would be great to remove the number of bath and bedrooms from a property listing. I propose a check box when creating the listing to show or hide that line. That would make our listings look a lot more professional for commercial properties. With the number of bath and bedrooms showing it makes our clients question the listings.

Thanks so much!
    Jonathan

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make YES/NO questions with NO default

Your yes/no questions currently have an automatic answer of NO selected. We find this field should not be chosen and instead should have to be chosen by the applicant. We find they don't change your answer of NO to YES.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a New Operating Statement by Building

Something that would be extremely useful to me would be a new Operating Operating Statement just like what you have now but instead of monthly columns at the top make those columns for individual Properties. Then you could see each Property's performance on fewer sheets and at a glance in comparison to other Properties. And keep the totals for the owner to see total performance.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lead Tracking Reports

Need the ability to pull reports on Leads and be able to designate leads to property managers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Lead Contact List Report

Need to print report with Leads Contact Info so they may pass it onto leasing agents

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. NEEDS TO BE A WARNING FOR POTENTIAL DOUBLE PAYMENTS

WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL TENANTS SCHEDULE A SINGLE PAY TRANSACTION !AFTER! A MULTI PAY WAS ALREADY PENDING OR SCHEDULED. THERE NEEDS TO BE A WARNING OF SOME SORT THAT A PAYMENT WAS ALREADY MADE ON THIS ACCOUNT AND CONFIRM WITH THE TENANT THAT THEY WANT TO PROCEED. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE PAYMENT AND US HAVING TO PROCESS REFUNDS FOR OUR TENANTS.
    THANK YOU

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. File Sharing for all units in a property

We now have a 22 unit property and soon to have a 200 unit property. Each Condo association has multiple documents we need to share with each owner/tenant. Doing a File Upload to each individual is so costly. Please give me a way to upload by group. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatic generatedreports

Would be incredible to have an automatically generated and emailed report. For example, I want a daily report to go out to my managers that show specific properties and delinquent tenants. Almost like a to-do for the day of who is outstanding and needs to be reached.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Report Request - configure/remove "Please make checks payable to ..."

Request: Make an option to print reports from the "All Statements" report without the attached 'deposit slip' type section. I don't take checks and almost all tenants pay via IPN or eRentPayment.

To use the reports in the current format, I need to 1) print report on paper, 2) cut off the pay-by-check and 'deposit' part, 3) scan the truncated report, 4) email the new report. The amount of time and effort for this task (printing/emailing simple tenant reports) is significant for 35 properties.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Application Fee > Merchant - please change wording on application

At the end of the online rental application, it states that the application fee will show as Rentec Direct on the applicant's bank statement. For users with a merchant account, it will actually show the user's company name. Please update the online rental application to reflect this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Online Rental Application - ability to edit the age requirement

The online rental application has an age requirement of 18, however Florida's age requirement is 21. Please allow the ability to edit the age requirement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. User Generated Database Entries

Create interface for users to specify their own database fields. This can be text associated per property that can be inserted automatically into leases or the address associated with the Owners

Database fields with basic math (multiplication, division, addition, subtraction)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base