Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Move Back In Function

We have several instances in which a tenant has given notice and then change their minds. It would be nice to be able to reverse a move out with out having to add the person to the property as a new tenant on the move out day.

Thanks,

Matt Henderson, VPM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. overdue emails should only go out for overdue tenants

if I have invoices set to generate 10 days before due, the tenants account shows a balance due even though their payment is not due yet....I believe this causes the overdue email notification to go out even though the tenant is not yet overdue. This request is to change that behavior so that the overdue email is only sent when a tenant is truly overdue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ledger View To Be Persistent Until Closed

When editing a transaction in a ledger, when exiting the transaction, the ledger re-loads to automatically take you to the end of the ledger rather than back to where you were.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. MUST be able to sort by check # or date

When we pull up a bank account it would be nice to be able to sort by either check #, date or amount.

I would also like to see the ability during a bank rec to click on the transaction and it take you to the transaction

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Default Starting Balance on Reconcile Screen

When going in to reconcile you ask for the starting and ending balance. A lot of people (like me) reconcile off of online banking and not off of actual statements. Regardless of how people do their reconciling you should pre-populate the "Starting Balance" field with the last successful reconciliation's "End Balance"... does that make sense?

Whether you reconcile off of monthly statements or off of online banking your starting balance is always the last successful reconciliation's ending balance (or zero if you've never reconciled)

Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. send automatic email notification to owner when property becomes vacant

this request is to add the ability to create email templates that can be setup to automatically send out to owners when one of their properties becomes vacant.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow creation of folders

I would love to be able to add different folders to each property. This would help in organizing the files - as I have many of them to upload. I am currently unaware of any method to do this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tenant Move in/out report with payment history

Would like a report that captures move in/out, # of late rents

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Management Fees Not Linked To Account

Automated Management fees do not link in the bank account to the transaction and if you post a bulk charge to the account, the property/owner are not linked in. Desire an easier way to link Account, Property & Owner for reconciliation.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Undeposited Funds Linking Only To Tenant Ledger

Currently when funds are posted to "undeposited funds", the property and owner ledgers are linked in when in actuality, those funds are note received for either until the bank deposit happens. In reconciling accounting periods, the account, property and owner ledger should have matching dates.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve property perfomance reporting

We would really like to have the ability to pull a property performance report for a property as a whole. Currently your system lists each individual unit and its performance even when you select the entire property, i.e. "Powell Apartments". A report that gives the overall performance of a multi-family property would be much easier to read and use efficiently. Overall this a great program and system that we want to grow with as you continue to improve it.

Thanks,

Matt Henderson, VPM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Linking Accounts

Currently each owner, or entity has to have a separate log in, currently they cannot be "linked" together. Please make it to where they can be linked together. I have several owners who have separate "business names" and only email that can not see all of their properties. Please advise. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add support for Blue Moon Forms and Valence Docs

Blue Moon Software's online service provides forms for 47 states.

For Texas specifically, Blue Moon also includes e-sign, and with Valence Docs, also includes comprehensive document storage. (Others may have similar support with Blue Moon, but I know that Texas Apt Assoc members get both for one fee.)

I think supporting Blue Moon would add a huge value to Rentec.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Attached files/file library

It would be very helpful if you could add an icon to indicate if there is a file attached. I uploaded a tenants contract to the file library but on the tenants tab i can't differentiate which tenants have contracts scanned in and which don't. regards, Shelley ( company: LCM, login barry@lcm.co.il)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Place New Tenant

When placing New Tenant have option to add phone number or more details so you don't have to go and complete the tenant info later or have more clicks to go to tenant tab before placing in a property. Too many clicks should be available in the same screen

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Split transactions

It would be really great if you would show the split transaction on the main screen rather than having to open the transaction. As it is currently available it is hard to track which expenses have actually been paid and which have outstanding balances.

Example

10/01/2014 Rent charge 10/1/14 - 10/31/14 1435.00
    10/01/2014 Parking Charge 30.00
    10/01/2014 Utilities 35.82

Tenant, Unit 205

-Split transaction
    Rent 1434.18
    Parking 30.00
    Utilities 35.82

This way when I open a tenant ledger I know the balance due on the account is a rent balance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. payments posted

When tenants pay via ACH draft or CC it would be nice that when their payment posts... it shows up on the front page as a notification ie payments that have posted since your last login... this would help owners know who to generate receipts for. Currently we have to fish through a long list of tenants and try to remember who already paid and who the new payment(s0 might be from....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base