Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Screening results

You should put a “view screen results” in the application page under actions. It would make it a lot easier…..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. reminders set a time option

Set a time in the reminders and not just a date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Quarterly Summary

Quarterly summary
    I would like to be able to run a report at the end of each quarter that shows me what my rental income should be for each property and tenant. For example - Davis Unit 1, July's rent $1,500, August rent $1,750, Sept rent $1,750. The increase is due to renewing the lease and the rent increasing. I find myself doing this manually every quarter. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. quarterly summary

My ideas are about emails...
    Can we PLEASE get spell check in the emails? Also, is there any way to send an email to CERTAIN tenants at a property instead of ALL of them? There should be a way to just check off who you want to email to, otherwise I am constantly emailing from my outlook account.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drop down box for advertising

When adding an owner or a tenant it would help to have a drop box added to help track where they found out about us. I have to prepare a spreadsheet and keep up with traffic and see where out marketing $ are being well spent. It would be nice to pull a report to have these numbers than to go back to each property and tenant and look at notes. You could have an area that each property and make their own list since we all advertise different places then it can link into that box like it does…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. display individual sub-unit income on the Income Statement

When selecting a multi-unit property on the Income Statement, please show the income per unit rather than the lump total. Quickbooks does it this way, a click on the total income line would display each tenant contributions to the total revenue. I own both apartments and commercial properties. It is not important to show the breakdown for multi-family properties, but very useful for commercial property management.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let me set a default property under the reports tab

I just have one property and would like to avoid having to remember to set the property before clicking on a report

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow use of HTML in application Customizable Parameters

Allow use HTML in the Rental Application Defaults' "Customizable Parameters". I have a lot of important information in this area that most applicants do not read closely. The ability to draw attention to select areas of the text would help convey the message.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need date column on make deposit screen!!!

We really need a date deposit column on the make deposit screen!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Submit account request

On portal let tenants submit question about their account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Easy Pay

The easy pay options need to be more intuitive. If we don't enable easy pay the tenant can't make a payment. If we enable easy pay the tenant can't get to the checking authorization form. There should be a better way to do this without so many hoops.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Late fee continues

Per my conversation with Rentec support, all late fees cease to accrue once rent is paid. It would be nice if a on/off button would allow this to continue to accrue until the balance is paid in full.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Revise Sort Order on Receipts Report

the receipts report is sorted by an entry number. When someone is entering historical data for a tenant it is quite likely that some transactions might be missed. The user will then enter them later. Although I now know there are easier ways to see the transactions for a property at first I went to financial reporting and did a receipts report. This report was sorted by entry number, which also happened to be the second field in the report. The date field, which was he first field had the entries out of order, since they reflected entry order. There…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the pictures in marketing easier to edit

After upload of the pictures in marketing it is very difficult to rearrange them, would be nice to be able to drag them around for ordering as well as rotate them in the tool. The tool automatically forces tall pictures to sit on their side rather than up and down.

I have work arounds, but they take time.

Also, being able to add a watermark to the pictures would be fantastic.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add a new feature

I would like to see some sort of way to track your mortgage via this software. True Rent and some others offer this and it is immensely useful snapshot of your debt reduction, NOI, etc for each property. This would put Rentec over the top for features.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lease Expiration

Need lease expiration form with only properties that have expired leases in addition to the current form that lists the lease expiration dates of all properties.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. change the name/address on reports/statements/receipts/workorders for multiple property managers

we would like the ability to change the name and address shown at the top of reports, statements, receipts, workorders, etc. to reflect the contact information of the property manager that is assigned to the property instead of using the information entered under Settings > Your Contact Information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Synce To State Specific Landlord Forms

Provide direct sync to BlueMoon or other online forms library for up-to-date, state-specific forms.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. give us a box to be able to mark an expense as something that will need to be amortizied for Tax purposes

We currently have two large expenses that will need to be amortized on our tax returns. It would be nice to have a check box on the expense screen to filter out these expenses at the end of the year. thank you for the consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Security Deposit Ledger - add "money order" as a payment type

On the security deposit ledger when receiving a deposit, please add "money order" to the list of available payment types to choose from.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base