Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Lead Tracking Reports

Need the ability to pull reports on Leads and be able to designate leads to property managers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lead Contact List Report

Need to print report with Leads Contact Info so they may pass it onto leasing agents

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NEEDS TO BE A WARNING FOR POTENTIAL DOUBLE PAYMENTS

WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL TENANTS SCHEDULE A SINGLE PAY TRANSACTION !AFTER! A MULTI PAY WAS ALREADY PENDING OR SCHEDULED. THERE NEEDS TO BE A WARNING OF SOME SORT THAT A PAYMENT WAS ALREADY MADE ON THIS ACCOUNT AND CONFIRM WITH THE TENANT THAT THEY WANT TO PROCEED. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE PAYMENT AND US HAVING TO PROCESS REFUNDS FOR OUR TENANTS.
    THANK YOU

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. File Sharing for all units in a property

We now have a 22 unit property and soon to have a 200 unit property. Each Condo association has multiple documents we need to share with each owner/tenant. Doing a File Upload to each individual is so costly. Please give me a way to upload by group. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatic generatedreports

Would be incredible to have an automatically generated and emailed report. For example, I want a daily report to go out to my managers that show specific properties and delinquent tenants. Almost like a to-do for the day of who is outstanding and needs to be reached.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Report Request - configure/remove "Please make checks payable to ..."

Request: Make an option to print reports from the "All Statements" report without the attached 'deposit slip' type section. I don't take checks and almost all tenants pay via IPN or eRentPayment.

To use the reports in the current format, I need to 1) print report on paper, 2) cut off the pay-by-check and 'deposit' part, 3) scan the truncated report, 4) email the new report. The amount of time and effort for this task (printing/emailing simple tenant reports) is significant for 35 properties.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Application Fee > Merchant - please change wording on application

At the end of the online rental application, it states that the application fee will show as Rentec Direct on the applicant's bank statement. For users with a merchant account, it will actually show the user's company name. Please update the online rental application to reflect this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Online Rental Application - ability to edit the age requirement

The online rental application has an age requirement of 18, however Florida's age requirement is 21. Please allow the ability to edit the age requirement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User Generated Database Entries

Create interface for users to specify their own database fields. This can be text associated per property that can be inserted automatically into leases or the address associated with the Owners

Database fields with basic math (multiplication, division, addition, subtraction)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need an additional field for multiple owners etc

A second name field is needed for multiple owner or husband/wife owners. An additional field is needed for multiple email addresses in both tenant tab and account tabs. Most people have two people on account and want emails and info sent to both parties.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Access Cards

In my property each tenant is given 1 or 2 access cards for use at the gate to enter the property. It would be nice if this program could track the cards assigned to each tenant and automatically hold the security deposit ($35) for the card. Replacement of the card is $35.

Right now, we use a combination of manual security deposit transactions and notes, but would love the system to have the functionality built in to track tenant cards, keys or generated codes.

This would also be great to assist all sorts of properties which:

* Gate Cards/Keys/Codes
    *…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Work Order to - expense to property

When you click on - expense to property or - expense to property & tenet

I would like to be able to split the transaction between accounts ie: Supplies and also repairs

I have been able to do this from the accounts button on top and then creating the transaction in my bank account but that takes extra steps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Summary page view should be customizable

We should have the option to pick and \choose features taht should show up on the summary page. and they should be seprated. for examp0le, one side should show balance dues. other section should show moved out tenants with past due. another section should show open work orders etc

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reoccurring charges disable function

We have grass cutting and snow plowing set up as reoccurring charges. These are not done 12 months of the year. they are seasonal. There is no way to disable them for part of the year. We have to go in and remove them completely. Very ineffective.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Owner Statements > ability to print them as a batch

please allow owner statements to be printed as a batch, the same way that the tenant statements are setup.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Program default to turn off payee field collected

It would be very helpful if there were a way to turn off the automatic collected payee field. Many times people are paid once and then automatically collected which can make for a very long vendor list. Understandably you can delete them, but it takes quite awhile for each one if you have a substantial list collected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show Owners Enrolled in ACH with Icon

It would be really great to be able to see which owners are enrolled (have bank info on file) to receive their disbursements by ACH without clicking into each one. A green money icon like the tenants have would be superb!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Select ALL in the bank deposit feature

Have a select ALL button in the bank deposit and bank reconciliation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make a report that allows landlords to keep up with insurance concerns.

this is a 2 fold idea, 1. allow me to input the tenant's rental insurance details and flag them for a report if they do not have rental insurance or it has lapsed.
    2. allow me to input information that a blanket homeowners policy would like to see (updated electrical, plumbing, flood zone, new roof, building type, and ofc, bed/bath count, sq. ft. and year built.) then allow me to print that report to give to the insurance company. Every so often they require this information, and with the amount of new acquires and such it is a huge hassle…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base