Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tenant portal question request

I would like to see that the tenant portal has a section like the repair request but for the tenants to be able to ask questions about their account, a check posted, etc. In this day and age most people work all day and don't have time to call in to ask questions. Also most questions are simple and if my office person could just respond instead of being held up on the phone it would save me time and money.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Statement enhancement

I would like to suggest an added option when pulling monthly statements. It would be nice for owners to see their YTD totals along with their monthly. Please find the attached sample statement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. tenant portal, credit card screen should show amount due

when tenant's pay online through their portal the credit card screen should display their amount due, so they know what amount to pay.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make more Info available for archived tenants/properties

It would be very helpful if the move-in and move-out dates were visible with the archived tenants like they are with the current tenants.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Marketing Email Default

Be able to input a specific email that all marketing responses come back to. Currently they can only come to my user email. I would love to have a setting that would allow me to input the email address the marketing needs to go to.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow syndication of STUDIO apartments.

Allow syndication of STUDIO apartments. I have 20 studio apartments that show up variously as "HOUSE", "2BR APARTMENT" and such. so, I have to manually disable marketing for those apartments or I get pummeled with misinformed useless leads.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tenant Payments

When tenants are making payments in their tenant portal, they are not reminded of the fee prior to hitting the submit button. Is there a way to add this functionality to the site? Also, tenants think their payments are going through when the account information has not been entered. The following day they get a failed transaction notice. It would be good if the payment request not be allowed to look like it is being processed if the account info is not in the system.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show late fees due and such when posting payments

show balances when posting rent income. I switched from Buildium and one feature I miss is when I post a rent payemnt, I don't see their balances, like they still owe a late payment, or other charge. I have to click on the tenant jornaul and look if there are any charges since last payment so i can apply the money they give me to the fees before rent. I have to open 2 tabs in my browser to apply payments properly,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. API

Want to be able to interact with the program without having to login to the dashboard.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Split Transactions by Tenant

I receive one accounting credit from the local Housing Authority for two tenants. Currently, I cannot split that credit between two tenants to count for rent. I have to create a "fake" unit that I ascribe to the housing authority payment to account for the rent.

Additionally, if I had a pest problem between two tenants and wanted to bill them for the debit I would like to be able to attribute the payment to two separate tenants as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tenant tab options

Under Tenant tab can you add a check box on left under filter that allows us to filter future tenants. Also would be nice to see option in same area to categorize Tenants by property if needed vs going to the propery tab because of how we need to view at time. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Expand filters for work orders

In order to better track work orders I would like to give a number of employees with access to the system. When I assign a work order to that employee I would like them to be able to log in and search (filter) the work orders by who they are assigned to and then each employee will be able to make notes and/or close the work order. There are many work order programs online, but I don't want to have to pay for another program to do what this one already should.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. date range on transaction download

When downloading transactions, allow the user to specify a date range. When I try to export a month's worth of transactions into Excel, it is frustrating that I get 5 year's worth.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Warning before losing changes

It is very easy, especially for new users, to make changes on a screen but not to click the "submit changes" button. Whenever data changes might be lost the system should prompt something like "Data Changes have not been saved, do you want to save your changes?" Yes, No

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have the RA notifications Reply-To APPLICANTS email address

Why don’t you set up the applicant(s) email address(es) as the Reply-To address for the notification email?
    And REQUIRE email address(es) on the application…! Yes!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve Category Ledger

I don't see how to generate a Report by Category. Would like to see all the entries under each expense, ex. the different payments made by category for the year. When I go to category ledger, if I select more than one category, it then sorts by date! Not category. . . . can you improve this function? Thank you

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Blind Copy automated messages

Blind Copy Property Manager and/or Owner for all automated emails

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Owner name and address on Operating Statement

Would be very helpful if the operating statement would print with owners name and address rather than one or the other.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. marketing: studio/eff should be option

Studio/efficiency should be option for marketing to feeds like zillow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Offer an option to display former property address on archived tenants

Sometimes I need to look back at a property's history, but can't recall the name of who lived there. Having the address listed when searching archived tenants would be a great help.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base