Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. make a report that allows landlords to keep up with insurance concerns.

this is a 2 fold idea, 1. allow me to input the tenant's rental insurance details and flag them for a report if they do not have rental insurance or it has lapsed.
    2. allow me to input information that a blanket homeowners policy would like to see (updated electrical, plumbing, flood zone, new roof, building type, and ofc, bed/bath count, sq. ft. and year built.) then allow me to print that report to give to the insurance company. Every so often they require this information, and with the amount of new acquires and such it is a huge hassle…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to sort properties by property manager

In Rentec you are able to assign different property managers to different properties however there is no report that allows you to sort by the property manager and see how each property managers portfolio is performing. This is a MUST!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add "Total Balance" (aka %balance%) to the New Custom Forms Creator auto fill options!!!!

Please add %balance% to the list of database fields available on the Forms feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. be able to print an abbreviated list of work orders instead of each one being a full page

When I want to know what the status is on my work orders it would be helpful to get a list of them that just has resident name and adr, problem, assignment date, assigned to, dates opened, assigned, and current status

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tenant Payment Transaction Simplification

It would be great if you could add payment boxes according to automated charges rather than us having to add a split payment each time. I manage 133 units and have multiple charges per resident in many cases.

For instance if I have a resident that has a rent, parking, pet, utilities charged each month this becomes very time consuming to add and categorize each payment.

If you could rather automate the categories and we could just enter an amount into each line item that would be much better. Even if it's just a zero in some cases it would…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. dates are inconsistent on online lease forms

%date% and %move_in_date% are in different formats (in this case, U.S.
    date format and mysql format, e.g. 11/05/2015 vs. 2015-11-05). This
    illustrates why it's generally preferable in legal documents to write out
    the date (November 5th, 2015), since this removes all potential ambiguity, and nobody wants to pay lawyers to argue over the date format or argue with an obstinate tenant over dates they're purposely twisting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New tenant report that shows who occupied which unit when

A report that shows all units who occupied it and thru what dates. My income this year is less than last year so wanted to run a report that would show the occupancy / vacancy history and who occupied the unit for both years so I could compare

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. delinquent tenant report by category

It would save a lot of time if there was a way to pull a delinquent tenant report by category. It would allow us to pull a report and see just the tenants that have a negative rent balance as opposed to one that includes everything.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make a Joomla Module that lets people embed the tennant features inside thier own website.

Make a joomla module where landlords can give direct access to your tenant features from within their own website so renters do not have to enter 2 sets of id/password or be directed to another site to see payment history / file access / Make payments.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tracking violations

A way to easily track # of lates, 3, day, 10 day, ect notices, and track lease/HOA violations for easy reference.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. delinquent reports

Currently you can only choose all or one property at a time to run delinquent reports.The program really needs an option that we can run delinquent reports for specific properties -, for example all single unit properties excluding buildings and commercial properties.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a Vendor tab to top ribbon

It would be nice to see a Vendor tab across the top menu so the top ribbon would look something like: Summary|Properties|Tenants|Vendors|Accounts, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ability to edit time of day that the automated emails are sent out

this is a feature request to make the email time configurable on a per-account basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. online check signing for vendor payments

I would like to be able to use the DocuSign feature to be able to sign checks online for vendor payments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. automatically split late fees between property manager and owner

I split late fees with the owner. I would like a way for the program to automatically split them for me rather than having to do it manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. please add %prorated_rent_amount% as a database field on the online lease form

when creating a lease form for online signing, there isn't an option to include the 1 month's prorated rent amount on the form. Please add a database field that will auto-populate the prorated amount on the lease form.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add more info to the owner statement reports

on the owner statement report please add how much rent is due for the property, how much the tenant paid, and how much the tenant may still owe.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. signature line on online lease forms is confusing

%signature% expands to "Tenant: Name O. Tenant Date Signed", all
    underlined, all together. This looks unprofessional as well as confusing - where exactly should the tenant sign, above or below the underlined text? Where does the date go? Only the text is underlined, and no other lines exist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Track WorkOrder Emails sent to Vendors

have the ability to send work-order to vendors through the software but there is not tracking that email was sent or communication back n forth like they have w/ tenants.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add toggle to not include archived transactions on Trial Balance B report

when pulling the Trial Balance B report, the security deposits column appears to be including transactions associated with archived tenants. I would like a toggle to be added to this report so that a user could choose whether or not to include archived accounts in the calculations.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base