Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Edit Search Questionnaire

Allow me to edit the questionnaire people fill out in the search tab on the website to get automatic notifications of available properties.
    I want to add the question, "How did you hear about us?". It would be beneficial to know which advertising method is bringing them in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Owner Portal Enhancements to fix issues

Owner Portal Enhancement
    THIS WILL RESOLVE ALL ISSUES
    Sort closed work orders by resolution date so the newest workorders are on the top and not the bottom. Will be a hassle later as the work order amounts increase and multiply.
    Currently our owners need to look at mainly the account ledger to view the monthly details so the repairs has a little memo they need to print or remember so they can go to the summary - closed work orders- scroll all the way down and match the wo description then open it to see the details. This is the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Owner Portal Enhancement Solution

Owner Portal Enhancement
    THIS WILL RESOLVE ALL ISSUES
    Sort closed work orders by resolution date so the newest workorders are on the top and not the bottom. Will be a hassle later as the work order amounts increase and multiply.
    Currently our owners need to look at mainly the account ledger to view the monthly details so the repairs has a little memo they need to print or remember so they can go to the summary - closed work orders- scroll all the way down and match the wo description then open it to see the details. This is the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. memo line on deposit slip

When I enter a memo on the check screen, the memo will print on the check. When I enter a memo in the deposit screen, it does not show on the deposit slip. If it did it would surely save us lots of time when we are back-checking transactions in our bank account as our bank shows copies of each deposit slip on line. I would think this would be really easy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatically Pro Rate last months rent

I wish that when you assigned a move-out date to a tenant, the final months account would automatically update to the prorated amount

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Work Order Search

Being able to search for a specific work order#

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. two websites

I would like to put in a suggestion to add a second website. We have two property managers in our office and realized it would make things a lot easier for each property manager to have their own website.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Matt ivie

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag and Drop feature

Drag and drop feature for adding documents to the files section of each property.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Payment Type" Report

Payment Type Reports - When your posting "rental income" for a tenant you have a drop down menu that allows you to select "payment type". You can choose check, cash, cc, etc. There should be a report that allows us as landlords to see all the people that paid cash for the year, the total they paid, etc. This should exist for all the categories. This would allow you to sort how rents were received and how people paid. If there isn't a way to run a report on this then I can't see the purpose of the drop down…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow tenant's to upload documents and add personal information in tenant portal.

Allow tenant's to upload documents and add personal information such as date of birth, social security number, driver's license to Tenant Portal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More Lighter Theme Color

Most of the theme color for Sites is kind of dark... except for Tan, may we have a few more that is lighter color?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Vendor check being billed to different tenants

I have one vendor but the bill has to be split between 3 tenants. Example: Our garbage service has picked up a couch at 123 first St, a mattress at 456 Second St, and a TV stand at 789 Third St which needs to be billed to 3 different tenants. When I open the bulk item within the tenants ledger it links all the other bulk items within that check to that tenant. It switches a $30 bill to a $120 bill. I usually put notes in the memo of the ledger item and I have to open the item…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cash Flow Line Chart

Have an option to create charts. Maybe include a cash flow line chart on the home page based of net income.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. increase character limit for custom questions on online rental application

When adding an additional custom question to the online rental application, please increase the character limit. The question I've added is being cut off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ability to make custom questions on rental app required

When adding an additional custom question to the online rental application, please add the ability to choose whether or not the question is required for the applicant to answer in order to submit the application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Email Templates - Needs to allow Fields

Email Templates Need more fields (like to see more fields allowed vs basic you have) and need to be able to put in subject line. I get a few hundred emails a day. Usually I always include and would like to see here in subject line - property address (tenant or Owner also - option to just use company or last name in subject line). So if I ever have to track down within my own email program, I can do a search by owner/tenant or property address. Of course I would include standard text - payment received, charge posted,…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Application Denial Enhancement

When an application is reviewed and then rejected have the option to print denial letter in the same screen

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Split Transaction Make Over

It would be great if when I look at a tenant's ledger I can see the split transaction detail at a glance. This would save time in having to double click into each one to see what each split is for.
    Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Time management

Time tracking of assistant task such as work orders, late notices and notices in general would be a helpful tool in time management. I find it amazing how much more work is accomplished while I am in the office as opposed to when I am gone!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base