Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Millage tracking for business

Have a line when entering in an receipt or invoice to allow us to put millage with the entry. If we have to go to the property for inspections then there is Millage associated with that. (for better "one stop shop" for taxes at end of year!!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Additional Expense Report

A report that will show charges to tenant not on the rent roll.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Application notes

Hi just wondering if at any point you can make your program be able to make a notation on the application when we decline them. We have a lot of properties we manage and people reapply days/weeks/down the road and it would be nice to be able to go back and see why they were declined in case it was just length of employment or some other minor reason.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic late pay eviction notices to print

I would like automatic creation of state compliant eviction notices. I’d like to com in to the office on the 6th and have a list of forms ready to print.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. pdf of workorder on notification email

Include PDF of workorder with notification email (that tenant has submitted workorder) comes through. This would enable me to forward it to contractors directly instead of logging in to Rentec to send.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Additional Expense Report

A report that shows items that were expensed to the tenant that are not on the rent roll. I NEED THIS REALLY BAD

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Accept security deposits online.

I was asking about tenants paying their security deposits online. Support said that:

"Our system is not designed for tenants to pay their security deposits online, it's designed to accept rent payments from tenants."

So yes, they can pay money that is applied as additional rent and I can manually transfer it to the security deposit on the ledgers, but doesn't it make sense to just accept security deposits separately from the tenant portal?

This seems like a no-brainer. Please implement this change!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. List of a tenants that are new per month

maintenance hours tracker

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Owner Notifications

Owner notification when a Dispersement has been sent. Making it one of the templates.

We have 4 Tenant email notifications, but none for owners and they are the clients we need to keep happy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatically Share Uploaded Files

When you upload a file for a renter, automatically be able to click a button to share to all co-renters tied to that renter AND automatically share it to that renters tenant portal.

I just uploaded a contract and a guarantor agreement for 5 co-renters and it took 22 MB of space, that has to be killing storage on Rentec side, plus its a pain to fix on my side and that's only on one house I have and most every house I have has multiple co-renters...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Active & Inactive tenants

Under past due rents, have a seperation of active and inactive tenants. It would make it easier to see at a glance who is actually late for the month you are in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Simplify Printing Landlord Statements

Make it more user friendly to print and save landlord statements. Right now they have to be done 1 at a time. I would like to be able to Print all landlords at one time and all get their very own statement. Maybe even be able to email each statement to the landlords directly through Rentec Direct.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Invoices

Make invoices look like what they appear on the screen. Many tenants do not understand the generated invoices that are off of rentec.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notification when text is received

It would be immensely helpful if some type of text or email notification could be received on our cell when a Rentec text came in. Right now, there is no way of knowing that a tenant sent a text unless the Owner/manager logs into Rentec. Or if our own cell number could be used for texting. I would be willing to pay extra for this service. I am presently missing important messages because this feature is not available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bulk run reports by property

bulk run reports by property, so each property is on a separate page and not all compressed into one report

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Form Fields pro rated rent

please add %prorated_rent_amount% as a database field on the online form

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Be able to enter all applicants and link to apartments along with being able to attach documents including the screening results.

I would like to link any applications I receive to the apartments while I am going through the screening process. It would also be great to link the screening results to the applicant and be able to make notes regarding the applicant and if they are approved or denied, along with a copy of the adverse action letter.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Application Fees

Would be great if I could turn off the option to post application fees to the property, yet still be able to run a report at the end of my monthly billing cycle to see the amount of application fees collected between custom dates (in order to account for that income monthly).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. move between screens without loosing the first one

have the ability to have more than one "screen" open at the same time.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Landlord Home Insurance Tracking

Add ability to track Landlord insurance the same way we can track Renter's insurance. Our state requires the Landlord add us to their policy as additional insured and tracking in one system versus an external process would be great to ensure all Landlord's are in compliance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base