Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Tenant Refunds

It would be nice to be able to issue refunds to tenants for accidentally over payments through the system

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pay vendors by ACH

Allow us to pay Vendors through Rentec

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Co-Tenant Contact Information

Create a report that shows the contact information for all tenants - including all co-tenants.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Owner Portal not in 'real time'

Change Owner Portal access to show statement, previous statements and other info without having access be in 'real time'. If property expenses are added but not paid yet and any changes being made any owner can see them. It should be an option to 'Push' to owner portal the information when the statement is done for the given month instead of constant real time access.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow location setting for all convenience fees

Online payment Convenience Fees post to the property, so each month I need to move those transactions to our "Property Management" property. Since we pay the bank fees and don't want the fee income to be sent to owners.
    If there was a way to set a default property for all convenience fees, that would be great! Donna

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Evictions

Have a way to show pending evictions. It would be nice to be able to see a separate report or section on the front screen of evictions in progress or even ones that have been served notices.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a Vendor app to enable vendors to complete work orders, receive work orders and submit comments or photos

Create a VENDOR app for vendors to check work orders and submit completion reports

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Put the "Display As" on the initial "Expense" page

I really would like for you guys the "display as" option to the initial "expense" page instead of having to save the expense and then go back in to change the display as or possibly use the memo as the display as. I think the first way would be the much better option. It would really cut down on unnecessary steps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Upload File Button in Application for manager

Need the hability for manager to upload document s to application

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Open workorders by OWNER

Pull a report, Open workorders by Owner, not only by property

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. System does not notify tenants of new charges when expenses are assigned to their ledger

System has the ability to assign expenses that come through the checking account to the tenant, which places those expenses as a debit to the tenant's ledger. However, this process does not currently initiate a "New Charges" email for the tenant.

I propose that any increase in a debit balance on a tenant ledger results in an email to the tenant. Currently, it seems that only posting charges directly results in this email being generated.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pay multiple owners

Pay two owners. Two owners wish to split the payments for one property. Provide a means to assign a property to more than one owner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to Suppress Main Unit Address when Posting to Syndication for Sub Units

Add an option to suppress main unit description/address when showing sub units. For instance, if you own a building that is three townhomes, 100-104 Main Street with sub units 100 Main Street, 102 Main Street, 104 Main Street, then when publishing 100 Main Street to apartments.com, I want the description to be "100 Main Street", not "100-104 Main Street, 100 Main Street". I do not want to make these separate main units because they share a roof, sidewalks, lawn maintenance, etc which should go to the main unit that represents the entire building.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hiding or removing Net Income from sub userss

Good Afternoon,

I called today and was surprised to find out I can not take down or hide " The Net Income Summary" from my subusers. This is disappointing as I do not wish for them to know my net income.It would be great if your company offered this.. as this not being an option makes me uneasy.

Thank you,
    Brandi Williamson
    brandi@wmprop.com

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tenant Payments-Outstanding Charges

Receive Tenant payment populate the screen with outstanding charges and automatically apply according to account settings but ability to change what charges the payment is applied to also.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Manager App for mobile devise

The owner and Tennant apps are awesome, how about a manger app that handles owner Tennant communications? IE a Tennant submits a work order after hours and we get a notification on the app. or a Tennant replies to an email or text we can get notified on the phone app.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow all tenants, even those who dont have

Allow cash tenants that dont have ach or credit set up, to pay with cash. I thought that was the whole point.....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Back-Dated Payments Should Delete Late Fees! THIS IS A PROBLEM, RENTEC.

Pre-dating tenant payments before the late fee charge date should erase the late fee. Weekends, vacation, illness, etc. can delay posting of rent payments. If one has a large number of tenants, this may lead to a MASSIVE manual late fee deletion project. I just encountered this issue and am considering unsubscribing to go to my previous PM program. Hopefully this can be instituted!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add attachment icon to each Bank Sync transaction tab

Suggestion - It would be nice to be able to attach invoices while doing the bank sync. Currently I have to do this under the accounts tap separately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Forcasting Report

looking for a report that assist us far as what was collected in a range of the months and/or upcoming months. Would it be possible to add in the projected rent? So one line showing Rental Income and another line showing what we should project for that month? This would help us a great deal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 64 65
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories