Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Allow Tenant to Look themselves up in the portal and claim/create their account

Allow the tenant to find their information by looking themselves up (SSN, Drivers License #, or other PII on file). That way if I inherit a tenant, I don't have to track them down for their email address to allow them online portal access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SIGNATURE LINE ON APPLICATION THAT CAN BE PRINTED!

having a signature line on the application. So when we print out the application to provide to past landlords it shows that the applicant has agreed to all of the terms BY SIGNING IT!!!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Credit Cards? why such a hassle?

Have Rentec direct process credit card fee's so credit card fee's won't show up on the property as income. This would take the accounting night mare out of the equations. Rentec provides the portal and charges the credit card fee to the tenant, so only the rent shows up on the property as income.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. send email receipt to online rental applicants

We would like an email receipt to be sent to applicants after they submit an online rental application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WORK ORDERS

PULL UP WORK ORDERS BY TENANT NAME AND NOT JUST BY ADDRESS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Accounting assets and liabilities

It would be very helpful to be able to track assets and liabilities. This is the only thing missing from your software that would allow me to do a complete accounting of my businesses. Please consider implementing. Thank you!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow different rules for different properties

I have different late fees for different properties but the system requires one rule for all, creating a huge problem

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rent Roll

Should be able to sort by tenant alphabetically

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Misc

When making changes to large numbers of tenant accounts, after I modify the tenant whose name for the sake of the example starts with "S", when I move on to the next tenant I have to scroll starting at "A" just to get to "T". It's a huge waste of time if you have 200 tenants and would be much easier if I could just move on from "S".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Global change

Right now when I have an annual increase for a property, I have to search and open each tenant individually to adjust their rent. I should be able to do a global change such as $275 to $300

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Form ideas

The forms editor is very frustrating to work with. I'd love to be able to upload a form and have it retain the docx or odt format while still being able to utilize your strings (%fullname% for example.)

Also, please make "all names" show all names.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple Worksheet Rent Roll for All Properties

I would love to see a way to export an formatted HTML to Excel file for All Properties Rent Roll delineated into separate worksheets by owner. For Example, if I have 5 owners, I'd like a file that has 5 worksheets with each rent roll.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create Custom Reports

I would like to customize the income/expense report to exclude owner contributions, or at least separate owner contribution to a separate category. The report looks unprofessional when sending it out to clients and the break down is not accurate because owner contributions/payouts is categorized as an expense.

Basically it would be nice to create customized reports like the category ledger, but put into a simple and professional one page document to send out each month to clients. Or at end of the year for tax time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Transfers part of split transaction

In the split transaction function, I should be able to "transfer" funds as part of that split transaction.

When I make a mortgage payment, I can split it into three accounts:
    Mortgage Interest (charged)
    Principal Pay-down (transfer)
    Escrow Monies (transfer)

Then the monies should be transferred to corresponding accounts that I have set up part of a mortgage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync account with

You have 4 different ways to sync accounts with City National Bank (CNB) through CNB's online service portals. However, I am unable to sync my CIC Total Manager account to my CNB account via their "Treasury Net" online portal which requests a Customer ID, User ID, and Password. Please figure out how to sync with CNB's Treasury Net because this is my only way of accessing my CNB accounts online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiple folders for owners

Ability to have multiple folders for property owners, e.g., leases, billing statements, repair receipts, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Marketing pics should have more accepted file types

When uploading marketing pics file extension ".jpeg" created an error, but ".jpg" was accepted. These are the same file type! More file types should be accepted as well for ease in marketing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add zInspector inspection to tenant files with right click.

zInspector inspection reports should have an option to "Add to Tenant Files" so we dont have to download and reupload to the tenant files.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Millage tracking for business

It would be really nice when we put in an invoice, (Income or expense) if there was a line to add the millage associated with that invoice. so at end of year taxes we could print a report for the business expense for millage. Thank you very much! May be even an app for our phones so it tracks millage like that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Work Order Due Date

Can you add a due date to the work order form?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base