Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Customize Work Orders

The ability to customize work orders. This would allow us to add fields such as "Material cost: $____" for field agents to fill in if they have to purchase extra things for a repair (Ex: a screen door, paint, etc.). Another example field would be a "Labor Hours:____" field as well as a signature field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. incoming text notification

Provide text or email notification to admin when a text message has been received. Currently, the message could sit unanswered because admin does not know it is there.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customize the income/expense Report

income expense statement reports

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow owners to pay property managers for outstanding property balances

Enable the option for OWNERS to pay PROPERTY MANAGERS for invoices on their properties directly through RentecDirect (AppFolio has this option)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. splitting a transaction breaks link to attachment

splitting a transaction breaks link to attachment. you then have to reattach the file again. if you can find it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tie management fee amount to income category

Allow different management fee for different income categories. Example: Rental Income is 8, 9 or 10%. But Late Fee Income is split 50/50 with the owner. Having this set by category would save time. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow managers to keep application/convenience fees without manually adjusting or allow us to post the expense for those items to properties

As managers we are automatically charged the cost of background/credit checks and credit card convenience fees and if we don't manually enter a charge on the property ledger or delete the income we face the risk of paying all of the fee's without getting any of the income or even deducting the cost to generate those fees. I see no reason for this much exposure to human error. Let us choose to keep those fees or to at least charge the cost of generating them back to the property.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification of Automatic Rent Escalation

Option to automatically notify tenants "X" days before an increase goes into effect, if utilizing automatic rent escalation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print Owner Account Info on Deposit Slip

Provide Associated Account name on Deposit Slip - Today when I print a deposit slip it prints my Contact Info in the upper left portion of the deposit rather the account's owner information. I request that when I make a deposit to an account (similar to printing a check), it uses the associated account owner's information on the deposit slip. I make deposits into 20 accounts every month and have to change my contact info before printing a deposit slip. Very time consuming. Thanks, Jeff

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Print Account Owner Info on Deposit Slip

Provide Associated Account name on Deposit Slip - Today when I print a deposit slip it prints my Contact Info in the upper left portion of the deposit rather the account's owner information. I request that when I make a deposit to an account (similar to printing a check), it uses the associated account owner's information on the deposit slip. I make deposits into 20 accounts every month and have to change my contact info before printing a deposit slip. Very time consuming. Thanks, Jeff

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Budgeting tool

Budgeting tool: within overall income field, be able to sub categorize funds allocated for specific purposes (repairs, security deposits, capital expense, etc)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. show split transaction button on first input

why must we save the item then edit to be able to split the transaction? why oh why oh why oh?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Vendor Remit to Address (separate mailing and remit to addresses)

Many vendors have separate addresses for receiving payments. It would be nice to have the option to specify a separate address

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. NSF should show in the "Notices" section of the summary page.

NSF transactions should show on the "Notices" section on the Summary Page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automated Charge on Tenant Failure

Automated Tenant Billing Charge Upon Tenant Payment Failure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hours tracker spent on activities relating to rental prioperties. New tax law 20% ded based on 250 Hrs.

a time log as well as a mileage log integrated in the software with the ability to choose properties to allocate to would be great. Of course reporting available also is key.

rental real estate owners that spend at least 250 hours a year involved with the business can get the deduction, according to the IRS guidance. (https://www.accountingtoday.com/articles/business-owners-get-irs-rules-on-20-percent-section-199a-tax-break)

according to my acct: The 250 requirement is combined for all properties as 1 "enterprise". This include schedule E or pass-through rental real estate income.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tenants seperated by property under TENANT tab

Would like to be able to separate tenants by property under the TENANTS tab.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Selection for "None" in "Choose Property" report field

On the financial reports tab, in the "Choose Property" dropdown, I would like a way to choose property "None". This is extremely useful because, invariably, at the end of the year, there are always some transactions that did not get assigned to a property and are not accounted for. Currently it is very difficult to search for and find these transactions so they can be fixed and assigned to a property (I would have to use "Category Ledger" and export to excel). If I am unable to find the transactions, they will affect my totals for the various categories for…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bank Reconciliation - Display last reconciled amount and date

I saw that this has been suggested before, but the latest was 3 years ago so I'm trying to bring this back in front. It would be helpful to know if something was done incorrectly during the month when we start bank rec, it tells us our begin date (which would be the day after our last month end date), and the starting balance (which would be our ending balance from last month). In other software I have used, this proved to be very valuable when doing the bank rec. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base