Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Pay vendors by ACH

Allow us to pay Vendors through Rentec

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow location setting for all convenience fees

Online payment Convenience Fees post to the property, so each month I need to move those transactions to our "Property Management" property. Since we pay the bank fees and don't want the fee income to be sent to owners.
    If there was a way to set a default property for all convenience fees, that would be great! Donna

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. System does not notify tenants of new charges when expenses are assigned to their ledger

System has the ability to assign expenses that come through the checking account to the tenant, which places those expenses as a debit to the tenant's ledger. However, this process does not currently initiate a "New Charges" email for the tenant.

I propose that any increase in a debit balance on a tenant ledger results in an email to the tenant. Currently, it seems that only posting charges directly results in this email being generated.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic late pay eviction notices to print

I would like automatic creation of state compliant eviction notices. I’d like to com in to the office on the 6th and have a list of forms ready to print.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. move between screens without loosing the first one

have the ability to have more than one "screen" open at the same time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a Vendor app to enable vendors to complete work orders, receive work orders and submit comments or photos

Create a VENDOR app for vendors to check work orders and submit completion reports

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. multi tenant text for ability to contact all tenants in property

ability to add multi tenant email and mobile for group email and texts

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Accept security deposits online.

I was asking about tenants paying their security deposits online. Support said that:

"Our system is not designed for tenants to pay their security deposits online, it's designed to accept rent payments from tenants."

So yes, they can pay money that is applied as additional rent and I can manually transfer it to the security deposit on the ledgers, but doesn't it make sense to just accept security deposits separately from the tenant portal?

This seems like a no-brainer. Please implement this change!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recurring transaction with multiple items

Each month I write a check to a vendor who services multiple properties for one owner. It would be nice to have the ability to create a recurring expense transaction with multiple line items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Landlord Home Insurance Tracking

Add ability to track Landlord insurance the same way we can track Renter's insurance. Our state requires the Landlord add us to their policy as additional insured and tracking in one system versus an external process would be great to ensure all Landlord's are in compliance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Past due rent on dashboard

The Dashboard should show delinquent tenants. We shouldnt have to run a report to get a feel for who owes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Recurring charges

I should be able to see recurring charges such as pet fees when I prepare a rent roll

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open work orders by vendor report

I need a report to show open work orders assigned to a particular vendor. Then when they are scheduling their day they have a complete list of their tasks.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Additional Tenants on Approved application and lease

When you start a lease for tenants that both tenants be on the lease NOT JUST ONE. I should NOT have to add the second tenant!!! Its should be done automatically. That goes for the same when you approve an application. If there are two people on the application and you approve it it should approve BOTH APPLICATIONS AND PUT BOTH PEOPLE INTO THE COMPUTER. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ADD THE SECOND TENANTS INFO IN ORDER TO GET THEM INTO THE COMPUTER.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a P&L or Income/Expense For All Properties In One Report

I own many properties, I need a P&L (income/Expense, Operating Report) that includes EACH property, but lists each property in its own column . So, income and expense categories down the left side and then EACH property has a column with the appropriate data. Right now the only way to get this information (according to RenTec Help Desk) is to print out this report for EACH property individually. That is helpful, but if I want to see how my business is doing as a whole I need ALL the data on the same report.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. pre paid rent

Pre paid rent and mgmt fees. Prepaid rent should auto post on next month along with mgmt fee

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Early Payments

When tenants pay rent early - the tenant portal still indicates rent is due for the upcoming month. If tenant pays early - portal needs to change and tell folks rent is do the subsequent month (or when appropriate).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. bulk/nbatch run delinquent notices

allow a batch/culk printing of late notice/forms

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. bug fix request

Bug fix request. Security access is bypassed from the "Quick Start: How to Print Checks" and using the "1 SETUP" and "Click Here". I've attached a screen shot. Allows user to make any changes. After saving, returns to Settings, with the option unavailable. Discovered this when logged in as a new user and testing. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow owner, property, and tenant custom fields to be added to the respective portals so that the person can see that information

allow owner, property, and tenant custom fields to be added to the respective portals so that the person can see that information

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base