Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. date availability on listings

Add a space on the marketing page for each property with date availability so the information will be populated on the website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tenant Refunds

It would be nice to be able to issue refunds to tenants for accidentally over payments through the system

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Simplify Printing Landlord Statements

Make it more user friendly to print and save landlord statements. Right now they have to be done 1 at a time. I would like to be able to Print all landlords at one time and all get their very own statement. Maybe even be able to email each statement to the landlords directly through Rentec Direct.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change account viability back to the way it was

You have recently made the sub account numbers un-accessible to the users. I'm not sure what the purpose of hiding the information we use every day from the people who use it. I was told it's for security. Perhaps for some users this could be a concern, however it's a very big detriment for us. We use that information every day. Now I have to maintain a separate database just for account numbers. Even if someone were to hack the system, the information we put in would be useless to them since they are sub-accounts. Perhaps the visibility of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Current Rent on Properties Tab

Owner request for owner portal: On the Properties page where it shows all the units, the tenant name and the account balance, can you add a column showing their current rental rate?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Application Fees

Would be great if I could turn off the option to post application fees to the property, yet still be able to run a report at the end of my monthly billing cycle to see the amount of application fees collected between custom dates (in order to account for that income monthly).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ledger to record Sale and interest of rental property.

Create a ledger to record payment and interest for the sale on contract of a rental to a tenant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. HOA reoccuring monthly charge

When managing an HOA there is no method for charging a homeowner automatic reoccurring HOA dues. Could we add a category for this (like Rent) under Tenants, Accounting Defaults under Rent for HOA charges.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Group messaging

Would like to have the ability to be able to message all tenants on lease throughout their tenancy on management matters. The current system only allows us to do this on lease signing or if there are multiple units in a property. However, if there are multiple tenants one one lease and I want to make sure they both get emailed about a certain item, it doesn't allow me to 'group' them together for that property so that I can message them as a group. This is something we find important when it comes time to stand in front of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More than 1 attachment on bill payment

Can we add more than one attachment to a bill payment? Sometimes I combine invoices into one payment but can only attach one of the invoices. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. credit reporting of tenant payment history.

tenant incentive tobuld credit: offer credit reporting of tenant payment history

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show the unit a co-renter is attached to in the general search

When searching in general search for co-renter, show the unit they live in

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email link for tenant within workorder

Email tenant from within work order

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it Mobile!

Hire an app developer or someone to build a functioning mobile website! This way, tenants can pay on-the-go.

I code HTML; albeit very poorly. My degree is in film-making, so it's just a hobby.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able enter the ledger from the tenant edit screen

Add a button to enter the ledger from the tenant edit window.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter by unit name on tenant tab

I want to be able to filter by unit name on the tenant tab. When a tenant calls, if you don't know the exact spelling of their name, it would be great to be able to search by the unit name to locate their file, rather than having to start of the properties tab, get the main tenant name, then go back to the tenant tab, locate the main tenant and see if they are listed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prospective owner tracking

Prospect tracking - have the ability to input owner prospects and all their and the property information, with the ability to convert to a current client if/when they become one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop late charges

I stop late charges after the tenant has at least paid their rent, the program continues to charge late charges as long as there is an amount due. i have to physically delete the excess late charges. I would recommend changing the software to not incur any more late charges after one has been deleted until the next month rental cycle.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rent Roll (enhanced) date range request

Offer a date range option to compare Market Rent with Actual rent. This comparison is currently only available in Rent Roll (enhanced) as a snapshot.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Move in fees rather than deposits

Allow additional fees on move in screen, Pet fee, move in fee. We don't do a deposit we do non refundable move in fee that we have to manually enter.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base