I suggest you ...

Include a mileage tracker.

Include a mileage tracker for tracking automobile usage for maintaining property.

133 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Garland, David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would love to see a mileage tracker. I am currently transitioning from Quicken Rental Property Manager, and it is a feature they have that I use regularly.

• Ward, Drick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the few who need mileage tracking, a stand alone app may be better suited or the ability to attach an editable spreadsheet possibly through a dropbox or google drive type repository. But mileage tracking isn't core to the business of PM for the majority of users and might make more sense as a mobile app plug-in that lets someone else develop the means for gathering and storing the data and it ports easily into RenTec Direct through a common structure for data transfer.

• Vik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One customer has provided a description of his current methodology. Are there any other details anyone would recommend for the information being tracked?

"I log the beginning odometer reading and then the end reading to compute total mileage related to a rental. I include the date of the trip and a short description of the purpose, such as maintenance, routine inspection, serving notices, etc. I have one page for each property. I would like to have such a spread sheet so that this information can be entered, and have it tied to a specific property. Then, when annual reports of expenses and rents are run, the mileage could also be printed."

• Harkness, Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful. It's a significant expense with no clear way to account for it at present. Thanks

• Hanson, Maria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a great idea and if I can access Rentec from my Galaxy Note then I can log the miles and post them to the right property sitting in my car. :-)

• Otterman, Donald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep track of mileage for rentals in a note book. It would be great if this could be part of the software and have mileage driven for the year for each property.

• Renn, Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include a mileage tracker...if you must capture expenses outside of the system it kind of defeats the purpose of paying for the system, right?

Feedback and Knowledge Base