I suggest you ...

Allow tenant/owner to be designated on split expenses.

Allow the tenant/owner of a unit to be designated when making a split expense so we don't have to manualy apply their owner to the transaction after it is generated.

For example: I had our building's water heater replaced and needed to distribute the cost of $98.25 between 12 units. To do this, I had to create the split expense, then create an expense for each owner ledger. I now realize I could have simply made the split expense, then gone into each expense and added the "owner" to the account that got charged, but adding another drop down to apply the expense as its generated would save time and be great shortcut.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Allen, Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminKevin (Client Success Team, Rentec Direct) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you assign an owner to a property all income and expenses (even split expenses) that are posted to that property are automatically carried over and posted to the owner's ledger as well.

When entering a split expense, you are able to specify a property for each split amount, this will in turn post the amount to each owner assigned to each property.

Because of this, I'm not sure of the reason for needing to designate an owner on split expenses?

Perhaps you did not have the owners assigned to your properties correctly when you posted the split expense, but there should not have been any reason for you to have needed to also go create an expense for each owner ledger, Rentec is designed to do that for you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base