Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminNathan (Engineering Ninja, Rentec Direct) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminNathan (Engineering Ninja, Rentec Direct) responded  · 

We’ve considered this feature many times; however, the use case we’ve discovered is tremendously low. While this feature is technically possible, and seems pretty cool, we’ve seen other solutions deploy vendor payments by ACH and the vendors simply prefer a check or credit card payment because “that’s what they know”. The number of vendors who will sign into the system to accept or reconcile their payments is very few.

If anybody has experience otherwise or feels this feature would get quite a bit of usage if developed, please add your comments and votes here so we can better understand the value in developing this feature.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tyre, Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to pay Vendors via ACH. Cannot depend on USPS to deliver checks, we have had to put stop payments on way too many lost checks!

• Charlet, Samantha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have the ability to pay your owners via ACH then it should be just as easy to pay your vendors via ACH. I would like to see this enhancement request implemented.

• Schlip, Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to pay my vendors through the software versus having to go to my bank Bill Pay function or mailing a check. Would really like to see this implemented.

• Philip Filleul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur - this is simple check - no recon or vendor login required. Vendors are good with giving ACH account details, so functionality should be simple. I'd use a lot.

• Post, Pier & commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that is under review, 2013 - where do we stand today, 2018??? This feature would be great if it was in use. Vendors will get payment quicker (they are happy), less money on check usage (I am happy) and less staff time on processing the check (I am happy again). Vendor simply supply you a copy of their voided check, enter the data same as the owner, send vendor a ledge of the monthly payment, they can reconcile what they were paid for. That is assuming you can pay many invoices into one total for said vendor.
        I am actually a little shocked that this isn't being used as of today.

• Hurlburt, Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We pay all of our current contractors using bill pay, but would love to speed that process up using ACH

• Gardner, Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please forgive the question. Why would a vendor have to sign in to accept or reconcile a payment? Why can't they just get paid? All you need is their routing # and account #

• Swanson, Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature which ABSOLUTELY needs to be part of your software. The reliability of USPS is incredibly low and I have yet to meet a vendor who wasn't willing to provide account and routing number for quicker and more dependable payment method.

• Lenzen, Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we make multiple bank/mortgage payments for owners. We require this to be setup. Our accounting staff is running to mulitple banks to make manual payments. What a mess!

Feedback and Knowledge Base