I suggest you ...

Automatic Forte Deposit reconciliation

If you use Forte, when Forte deposits amounts, the system should automatically notate which deposits were made and put them into deposited funds. The deposited funds should clearly notate the date deposited and how deposited (via forte). Forte has all this data so pulling it in should not be an issue. Then there should be some sort of reconciliation process to allow users to do a manual reconcile to bank statements (quickbooks does a nice job of reconciliation)

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Place, Gehring shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bryant, Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one area of Rentec that needs serious fixing. The Forte deposits can be very difficult to match. The system calls Convenience fees (when CC is used) Rental income, which its not. It also calls it income toward the property, which its not. I have to manually select "none" for property and "Uncategorized" for account, and "None" for tenant, to keep the ledgers straight. Heaven forbid if an ACH fails, this took me an hour to get straightened out on my books. Is there a contact at Forte that we can talk to to get a separate report from them?

• Stork, Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting an entry on my bank statement, "ACH Forte" and its a deposit...but it is a lot of deposits lumped together. A total sum. Not the way I entered them. So having trouble having to match several of my deposits to the Forte entry. It's a guessing game. What can I do?

Feedback and Knowledge Base