Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tenant Contact List

Recommendation for improvement - Tenant contact list allow the report to list all numbers for the tenant. Not just the home number.

Also program the Tenant contact list to generate for a specified owner when owner is selected.
    Thanks

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Online Lease Execution / Signing

I would like to upload my custom lease and allow tenant's to renew their lease or sign a new lease online. Currently, I create my lease in Adobe, email to my tenants who print it, sign it, scan it and email it back to me. It would be great if they could sign it online. Several other companies have introduced this and it would be great if rentec could as well.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for those that replied and provided feedback on this feature. A lot of the feedback revolved around the text editor being complicated to use. We’ve just completed a major overhaul of the editor and it is now much more user friendly. We’ve also renewed the term with DocuSign, so the electronic signatures will remain available.

Please see this upgrade announcement for details on the new form editor.
    https://www.rentecdirect.com/blog/2016/01/create-custom-lease-agreements-with-the-forms-editor-updates/

3. QUICKBOOKS Integration

Add the ability to transfer transactions to quickbooks.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow tenants to pay from multiple accounts

allow tenants to pay from multiple bank accounts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Picture Rotation

There needs ti be an option to rotate pictures. It is extremely inconvenient that you cant post all pictures without taking them the correct direction

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Photo rotation

Add a feature to be able to rotate a photo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Additional User Permissions

Allow user to view property, owner and tenant basic info but restrict:
    1.) view any ledgers balances
    2.) View transaction details or financial reports
    3.) View any financial activity - restrict property, tenant, owner, bank balances and options for posting income/expenses

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Photo Rotate

When adding property photos, we should be able to rotate the photos after upload, if necessary

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple Bank Accounts with Merchant Account

Option to link in more than one deposit bank account per merchant account. In some states, PM's are not allowed to co-mingle different owner's rent collections so they have many bank accounts in the PM's name but assigned to individual owners. Many states do not allow co-mingling of expenses and income in the same bank account. Most states also require that security deposits be kept separate from other funds.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Photo Rotation

There needs to be a way to rotate photos to make them upright when posting a rental ad.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow tenants to enter their own information.

Other software solutions allow tenants to put in their own checking account information to make payments. We have to do that on our side and you should come up with a way to let the tenants do that.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it easier for a tenant to setup EasyPay

It would be much easier to have a tenant setup an EasyPay confirmation if you could have an input form on your site rather than have the tenant print out a PDF fill it in and fax it. You should be able to have something that can be filled out online, enable the upload of supporting documents and have a docuSign agreement signed

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix a report bug in Rent Roll (enhanced) where vacant properties are missing square feet

There is a bug with the rent roll (enhanced) report. I have selected to include vacant units and show unit mix. For tenant occupied properties, each apartment shows the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and square feet (ex. 1br/1ba, 600sf). While vacant properties are shown on the report, they do not include the same information. Please update the report parameters to include this information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Workorders Not creating work order number

If we receive a work order from a tenant the software is not auto-populating a work order number

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Insert each tenant's phone number next to email on TENANTS Tab

On the TENANTS tab, it would be sweet to see the tenant's phone number next to their email. I know it's only an extra click onto 'edit tenant' but it's tough on mobile devices especially.

Thanks, you guys are awesome!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you mouse over a tenant’s name on the Summary tab, a tool tip window will now open showing contact information for the tenant. This has also been added to the tenant names on the Tenants tab, owner names on the Accounts tab, vendor names on the Mange Vendors & Payees screen, and property manager names on the Setup Property Managers screen.

This also works on some mobile devices by clicking on the name.

16. Properties : All Properties : Workorders (display workorder #'s)

please include the workorder number when you list the workorders

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rental Application, option to upload documents

When applicants apply, providing the option to upload documents, such as proof of income or photo id, is essential. Having to collect this afterwards is confusing to applicants and not efficient.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Contact List Report

The tenant contact list report only pulls from the "home phone" field not mobile phone. This should be changed as no one has a home phone anymore.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add address of tenants on summary page

I would like to be able to see the unit name or address for each tenant next to their name on the summary tab as it is easier for some users to identify accounts by the unit rather than the tenant's name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Branded public website

Rather than sending prospective tennants to my current ambiguous address of "http://rtd4.com/u1473", offer something branded that would incorporate my primanr website address. i.e. "http://billlyon.rentecdirect.com".

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base