Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. Pay vendors by ACH

Allow us to pay vendors by ACH

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    17 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve considered this feature many times; however, the use case we’ve discovered is tremendously low. While this feature is technically possible, and seems pretty cool, we’ve seen other solutions deploy vendor payments by ACH and the vendors simply prefer a check or credit card payment because “that’s what they know”. The number of vendors who will sign into the system to accept or reconcile their payments is very few.

If anybody has experience otherwise or feels this feature would get quite a bit of usage if developed, please add your comments and votes here so we can better understand the value in developing this feature.

2. White Label - remove title of "Rentec Direct - Property Management Software"

I ask that you might have either a generic statement like "property description" or actually the specific property name as page title. I understand you want to advertise, but when I send the like to specific people or sites like facebook, all they see it a link to "Rentec Direct - Property Management Software". They think I am advertising your software and not my property, so they do not click on the link. This very much defeats why I set up the property listing website. I am including the link so you can see the page (tab) title for yourself.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Tyson and other supporters of this idea. We’ve looked at both the listing pages and the individual detail pages. The listing pages list in the page title “Your Company Name | City, State | Rental Listings”. The detailed listing pages show “Property Address, City, State, Zip is For Rent”. I didn’t see anything that listed our company name on the listings pages. Is there another page maybe you are referencing?

3. automatic text message (sms) notifications in addition to emails

TEXT MSGS: please add the option to have text msg or SMS notification option for auto-notices from program in addition to email reminders.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To improve the likelihood that we develop this feature, please add detailed comments explaining how you would like to see this feature implemented, and how it would benefit you or your staff. Be sure to vote this feature up if it is important to you.

If you have examples or screenshots to send, please email them to features@rentecdirect.com, and reference this feature request by name.

4. Unlimited customized questions on tenant online application

APPLICATIONS: Option for re-wording questions or deleting default questions all together and unlimited customized questions

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share Files to Multiple Owners or Tenants

Allow an "alt" multiple share feature in the file library so that one invoice can be shared with multiple owners. Example: A yard care invoice that charges ~20 different properties/accounts. Instead of uploading the same invoice 20 times and then sharing with each owner individually, allow one uploaded invoice to be shared with as many owners as required.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the excellent suggestion. The Rentec development team feels this is something that can be accomplished. If this feature is important to you please vote it up to increase it’s priority in our development queue.

6. Be able to go from tenant info screen to add notes in drop down

I often need to look up tenant contact info, and then want to document what was discussed immediately while on the phone with them. It would be nice if I wouldn't have to go back out to tenants, scroll back to their name(which is another issue), and then add a note or reminder.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow the "Owner Disbursement" Category to be an "Other" rather than "Expense"

The problem I am trying to solve, is that Owner Disbursements show up in the P&L reports. Owner Disbursements and Owner Contributions are not Income or Expenses. They shouldn't show up in P&L reports.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Robert, that’s a great suggestion. What you can do today is visit Settings, Categories and setup another Owner Disbursement category (name it anything you wish), and set it as type Other. Then use that for your owner disbursements and it should do exactly as you are wanting.

8. Consolidate owner statement to one page if the owner only has one unit (currently it is 2 pages)

If I choose to send an owner a monthly cash statement, and this owner has just one property, the system creates two separate but identical statements. One has just the owner's name, and the other has just the property address... Address and name should combine to be on a one page statement.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Email program updates to users in addition to the blog updates

I do not wade through your blog unless i have a problem i am trying to resolve. when you make improvements, email it to customers. If you are adding functionality, you need to let us know so we can take maximum advantage of the capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback, we currently put an alert on the summary page whenever you (or any sub-users) login and there is a new feature. It will show up at the top of the notification stating “We’ve added X new features or improvements since your last login. Learn more.”. The learn more text is a link to the details of those improvements.

I could see in the future the possibility of also sending these via email to an opt-in list if this becomes a popular request.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base