Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. I need sub-categories for expenses!

Suggest availability to add subcategories to any main category. Such as under the category "Repair", a person could add subcategories like "appliances", "electrical", "plumbing", etc. This would allow user to see individual detail totals in subcategories and a main overall total for the category.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. email templates

More database fields (like address etc)

More functionality in the template creator (like the form creator has... view source, tools, insert etc)

Now off to figure out how to delete the stupid "test" form and email template I made...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically email owners when their owner disbursements are processed.

I get calls and emails from owners every month asking when their money will be sent to them. I would like an email to be sent to them automatically (or just at the click of a button) when I process their disbursements.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Owner Memo Line Reports

I am suggesting that Rentec allow owners on their portals to see the memo line of a specific charge. If anything, at least give us the option per line item if we want the memo line seen for our owners. It would save me much time every month.

Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for rent to be prorated for last month

I have tenants who near a university who move out either in the middle of May or the middle of August. It would be nice if the software could look at their lease expiration date/move out date and calculate a prorated rent for the last month rather than require it to be manually added.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Owner Statement Report > auto populate owner's email

When emailing an Owner Statement report, please auto-populate the selected owner's email address into the To: field.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple Property Report Selection

It would be very helpful to be able to select multiple properties when running a Category Ledger report.

For example: We have multiple properties and 2 Client Trust Accounts. Some properties are with CTA #1 and some are with CTA#2. Currently management fees are not attached to a specific bank account. So that there is only 1 entry in the bank account for management fee withdrawals each month. When running the report via Category Ledger I can only select “All Properties” or a specific property. It would be beneficial to be able to select multiple properties of our choosing than…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recurring Work Orders for preventative maintenance

Allow work orders to be recurring for preventative maintenance. (Example- Changing air filters, test batteries, clean gutters, quarterly walk through).

Use similar interface as the "recurring charge" function.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. calendar

scheduling calendar available when entering work order or integrate yours system with google calendar

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Email Alert for Lease Expiration

Could you please add an option for Email notifciation to Property manager when the tenant lease is going to expire.

As of now the Alert/Reminder is received on the dashboard.

Thanks,
    Momentum Realty.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic Forte Deposit reconciliation

If you use Forte, when Forte deposits amounts, the system should automatically notate which deposits were made and put them into deposited funds. The deposited funds should clearly notate the date deposited and how deposited (via forte). Forte has all this data so pulling it in should not be an issue. Then there should be some sort of reconciliation process to allow users to do a manual reconcile to bank statements (quickbooks does a nice job of reconciliation)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Insurance

Add option to add Insurance to the property (date, policy number) to track when it expired.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Attachments ie receipts or bills

When using an iPad or iPhone allow us to take a picture of the receipt with out having to scan it then attach. When you click attach it should allow access to the camera so we can take a pic right then n there

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email

When sending an email I should be able to go to the mailbox and select from a list of owners or tenants to send an email to. Currently I have to go to tenants, click send email and send individually or send to entire group. This process is not efficient at all.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create an "All Accounts" report function, not just "All Properties"

It is impossible to run vendor or category reports across all accounts, which poses a big problem since some vendors are paid out of various accounts, not only across various properties. Also related: transactions related to archived properties don't show up in reports for "All Properties" and they should.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Credit Card fees to Tenant instead of Property

I think when the tenants pay the credit card convenience fee it should not go to the property tab, but to the tenants tab only. In my opinion, it is not income to the property, but to the managment company and a corresponding expense should be posted to the tenants tab to offset the fee income.

I am doing all these manually right now, but would like to see Rentec automatically post to tenants only and perhaps add the corresponding expense automatically. It sure would save me a ton of time changing all those credit card payments.
    If anyone at…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Correct print check errors during preview

When you are in preview for printing checks, allow a way to go back and correct an error.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. API

Want to be able to interact with the program without having to login to the dashboard.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. multiple units rolling balances

The sub-units have a continuous rolling balance would like to see it either smaller or not on the summary screen since we pay out from the master unit level. It is confusing to see their rolling balances every month on the property ledger screen

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 64 65
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base