Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Vendor Ledger - select multiple vendors

"Vendor Ledger": Would be great select multiple vendors, all expenses sorted by vendor in one report only.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizable reports

Customizable reports : there are now custom fields and we need to be able to get that data out in a report (not the one page reports that you guys have today)- but a real report.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to upload our own rental application rather than Rentec's defualt application

Our applications have more questions and information that we cannot input in the default application fields. We would like to have the option to upload our own application rather than use Rentec's default application.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exporting Data

Would like an easier way to export all data entered into Rentec. Currently, the data that can be downloaded is restricted to ledger transactions and has to be done in each individual ledger. A zipped file of all transactions as well as downloading any notes/history and file library documents would be very helpful.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow location setting for all convenience fees

Online payment Convenience Fees post to the property, so each month I need to move those transactions to our "Property Management" property. Since we pay the bank fees and don't want the fee income to be sent to owners.
    If there was a way to set a default property for all convenience fees, that would be great! Donna

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Owners To Send PM money through portal with merchant account

Owners to be able to send money to the property manager's bank account through the owner portal, just as tenant's can. This is especially helpful for turnover expenses or other cash infusions, and a quick tool for international clients or those who like to automate the process.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make more Commercial Property friendly.

Make a optional second rental application for prospective commercial tenants or add questions. Add features when you add properties and units/suites. Currently there is a drop down but only noticeable change is title under property name. Any other additions or options much appreciated.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scheduled / Emailed Reports

As a property owner, there is NO reason I should have to login to see some basic daily, weekly, or monthly numbers. I want to be able to set up a scheduled report that will automatically email me a report at defined times each month. The report should arrive as a PDF.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enter all tenants on Lease

I've taken the time to enter my tenants and the co-renters for a property but when I go to update and renew the lease, only the main tenant goes on the lease. I then have to look up the name of the co-renter and their email address and then manually type it all in order to send the lease. Could we have the option to put all tenants and their email address on the Forms tab?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Property Condition Form

It would be nice to have a form for each property/unit where you can store property condition data. Example: age of roof or furnace or type of windows: maybe with a grade, so when the maintenance person does an inspection they can rate items. This information would later be available in a report for all properties to help with budgeting.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow the "Owner Disbursement" Category to be an "Other" rather than "Expense"

The problem I am trying to solve, is that Owner Disbursements show up in the P&L reports. Owner Disbursements and Owner Contributions are not Income or Expenses. They shouldn't show up in P&L reports.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert, that’s a great suggestion. What you can do today is visit Settings, Categories and setup another Owner Disbursement category (name it anything you wish), and set it as type Other. Then use that for your owner disbursements and it should do exactly as you are wanting.

12. Reporting Tenants to Credit Reporting Agencies

Report Tenants eviction and non payments to credit reporting agencies. Other Tenant screening companies support this.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. reimbursable's to property owners accounts

when entering a reimbursement paid by the owner - let's say for a repair you did- when you enter it into the property account it goes in as a credit, (which it should) but when you do the end of the year statement for the owner it shows up as income to them - which it is not, and there is no way to alter the report to show it was money paid by the owner and if you back into the account and alter it, it throws off all of the figures which in turn messes up their tax…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Group Emails - please include co-renters

When sending a group email, please allow the ability to select a single unit home if it has co-renters grouped under it, so that the email can be sent out to all of the co-renters who have email addresses on file.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need sub-categories for expenses!

Suggest availability to add subcategories to any main category. Such as under the category "Repair", a person could add subcategories like "appliances", "electrical", "plumbing", etc. This would allow user to see individual detail totals in subcategories and a main overall total for the category.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. email templates

More database fields (like address etc)

More functionality in the template creator (like the form creator has... view source, tools, insert etc)

Now off to figure out how to delete the stupid "test" form and email template I made...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Security Deposit Return Reminder

We need help staying organized with security deposit returns. It would be great if the day a tenant is "moved-out" in the system, that it could generate a Reminder on the summary screen that says "this tenant moved-out on March 31, 2018 - send out security deposit". THANKS!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Owner Memo Line Reports

I am suggesting that Rentec allow owners on their portals to see the memo line of a specific charge. If anything, at least give us the option per line item if we want the memo line seen for our owners. It would save me much time every month.

Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. System does not notify tenants of new charges when expenses are assigned to their ledger

System has the ability to assign expenses that come through the checking account to the tenant, which places those expenses as a debit to the tenant's ledger. However, this process does not currently initiate a "New Charges" email for the tenant.

I propose that any increase in a debit balance on a tenant ledger results in an email to the tenant. Currently, it seems that only posting charges directly results in this email being generated.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Application Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base