Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sort options in tenant tab

TENANTS TAB: Sort options by Tenant or Property (maybe other columns too while we're at it)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accrual Accounting option

Option to use either cash or accrual method of accounting

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Archived Properties on Reports

When printing operating statements on the financial reports there should be an option to include Archived Properties.... the only way to get a accurate historical financial report is to 'un-archive' properties, run the report and then re-archive them. To say the least, this is a real pain. Please advise if this is possible or how soon we can have a change to make this possible. Thank you. Guthrie Chamberlain, Randy Bocook Homes LLC

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tenant Payments

When tenants are making payments in their tenant portal, they are not reminded of the fee prior to hitting the submit button. Is there a way to add this functionality to the site? Also, tenants think their payments are going through when the account information has not been entered. The following day they get a failed transaction notice. It would be good if the payment request not be allowed to look like it is being processed if the account info is not in the system.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Attach Forms/Statements to Tenant's File Library" without having to download & re-upload it!

1) A simple "Attach Form/Statement to Tentant's File Library button" feature added next to the "print, email, download PDF features" would be awesome! It's time consuming to download say 20 delinquent notices, then re-upload them individually to their file library. How useful it would be to have a button right next to print, email, download pdf, that allows you to attach this right to their file library.

2) ALSO - when you create 20 statements all at once for delinquent accounts they download as PDFs all in one bulk file - which is great for printing - but to save…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Unit # to Tenant Balance Screen

My owner knows units not tenant names. Thus it would be helpful to see the property / unit # along with the tenant name on the page displaying their running balance:
    Tenants: Accounting [Tenant Name]

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Notification when SMS or message is in my Inbox

I do not login to Rentec every day or even every few days. But I have renters that have my Rentec SMS phone number and use that to communicate with me sometimes.

The problem is that I do not know when they have sent me a SMS to my Rentec number.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatic late pay eviction notices to print

I would like automatic creation of state compliant eviction notices. I’d like to com in to the office on the 6th and have a list of forms ready to print.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Owner portal - Payments

Allow the owner portal to have a payment page like the tenant portal so owners can easily transfer money to me for repairs.

Currently my owners are still mailing me checks, it's slow and doesn't make much sense considering tenants can making payments online.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Late Fees- Doesn't want to show Late Fee Income On Property

Popular request that PM's keep late fees and do not want the late fee income to reflect on the properties.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable recurring transfers

We have many bank transfers - just the same - that occur every month and manually inputting them each month is terribly time-consuming.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Vendor Tab

Having a Tab associated with Vendors would be handy. Here you could quickly find vendors contact info or simply cut them a check.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Specify which sites our listing are syndicated to

We would like to be able to specify which sites (Zillow, Trulia, etc) are syndicated to. Please make each site optional via checkmarks on each.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need date column on make deposit screen!!!

We really need a date deposit column on the make deposit screen!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bill payment center/track Accounts Payable

BILL CENTER: Ability to enter expenses that are not "paid" and be able to convert them to "paid" on the property. Pull reports on what "bills" are waiting to be paid/when

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Accept Electronic Cash Payments

The option to accept electronic cash payments through money ordering centers, such 7-11 or Ace Cash Express locations, and have these payments sync with merchant account and Rentec ledgers.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow split expense across multi-units to have a recurring option

When trying to post mortgage payments across more than one property (split payment), it would be beneficial to only have one check to the mortgage holder. Since this is an on-going expense, there should be a recurring transaction option for split transactions.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email Log

A chronological email log of all emails tied into the Rentec Interface (emailed reports, automated emails to tenants, blast emails to all tenants/owners, failed transactions, work orders, etc...)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ability to track security deposit amounts held by owner

when a security deposit is transferred to an owner to be held by the owner, I would like the ability to pull a report showing the total amounts of security deposits being held by each owner for each unit.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base