Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Have separate contact and rent information for marketing

When I filled out the marketing information, the site syndicated ads to Zillow and Hot Pads. Both ads featured the contract information from my profile (my cell phone number), however I like my tenants and potential tenants to call a different phone number that is often answered by my property manager or by myself. It also included the "default rent" from another screen, which I had not updated before I filled out the marketing profile. So the syndicated ads had a different rent amount in the description.
    I would like to sugges a field on the marketing profile for rent…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Late Fees: Being able to decide what they are applied to in tenant ledgers

We have a need to be able to decide which tenant charges receive late fees and which do not (ie late fees on rent, but not on previous late fees, utility bills, another balance of $10, or whatever, etc.) In our case, a tenant gets a flat late fee of $30 on the 4th if rent not paid, with an additional $5/day after. Right now, tenants are being charged late fees daily if something other than rent is not paid and we need to be able to decide what balances/items late fees are actually applied to. There are a lot…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support bi-monthly recurring payments

I request that you add a category for bi-monthly recurring payments.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Section 8 - one payment, multiple tenants

If I have multiple tenants with Section 8 rent assistance, the local housing authority wants to send me only one check (or ACH deposit) for all such tenants. I can't change how they do this. I can't find any way to split a deposit among multiple tenants/properties. Logically, I would go the Accounts tab, select my bank account, create a deposit (the program stops me at this point and says I can't make a deposit so everything past this point is hypothetical), split the deposit and credit the splits to the appropriate tenant and property and then save the transaction.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Work order summary page

OPEN WORK ORDERS: Option to see a summary, similar to Close Work Order report, vs. the printable work order. - maybe it's own work order tab to manage easier

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better Picture application. Option to rotate picture, drag and drop picture order.

Better Picture application. Option to rotate pictures, drag and drop picture order.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. One Screen to Post Multiple Tenant Payments

457 unit sales call.
    The option to post multiple payments in one screen. When you have 100's of rent checks in one day would be nice to post in one screen, to one bank acct (or undeposited) and have it affect multiple properties/tenants. (like our split expense transaction

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Exporting Data

Would like an easier way to export all data entered into Rentec. Currently, the data that can be downloaded is restricted to ledger transactions and has to be done in each individual ledger. A zipped file of all transactions as well as downloading any notes/history and file library documents would be very helpful.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make more Commercial Property friendly.

Make a optional second rental application for prospective commercial tenants or add questions. Add features when you add properties and units/suites. Currently there is a drop down but only noticeable change is title under property name. Any other additions or options much appreciated.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Property Condition Form

It would be nice to have a form for each property/unit where you can store property condition data. Example: age of roof or furnace or type of windows: maybe with a grade, so when the maintenance person does an inspection they can rate items. This information would later be available in a report for all properties to help with budgeting.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the "Owner Disbursement" Category to be an "Other" rather than "Expense"

The problem I am trying to solve, is that Owner Disbursements show up in the P&L reports. Owner Disbursements and Owner Contributions are not Income or Expenses. They shouldn't show up in P&L reports.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert, that’s a great suggestion. What you can do today is visit Settings, Categories and setup another Owner Disbursement category (name it anything you wish), and set it as type Other. Then use that for your owner disbursements and it should do exactly as you are wanting.

12. easy pay for vendors

Add the ability to 'Easy Pay' via ACH for vendors.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Group Emails - please include co-renters

When sending a group email, please allow the ability to select a single unit home if it has co-renters grouped under it, so that the email can be sent out to all of the co-renters who have email addresses on file.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need sub-categories for expenses!

Suggest availability to add subcategories to any main category. Such as under the category "Repair", a person could add subcategories like "appliances", "electrical", "plumbing", etc. This would allow user to see individual detail totals in subcategories and a main overall total for the category.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow location setting for all convenience fees

Online payment Convenience Fees post to the property, so each month I need to move those transactions to our "Property Management" property. Since we pay the bank fees and don't want the fee income to be sent to owners.
    If there was a way to set a default property for all convenience fees, that would be great! Donna

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Email Alert for Lease Expiration

Could you please add an option for Email notifciation to Property manager when the tenant lease is going to expire.

As of now the Alert/Reminder is received on the dashboard.

Thanks,
    Momentum Realty.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Attachments ie receipts or bills

When using an iPad or iPhone allow us to take a picture of the receipt with out having to scan it then attach. When you click attach it should allow access to the camera so we can take a pic right then n there

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create an "All Accounts" report function, not just "All Properties"

It is impossible to run vendor or category reports across all accounts, which poses a big problem since some vendors are paid out of various accounts, not only across various properties. Also related: transactions related to archived properties don't show up in reports for "All Properties" and they should.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Credit Card fees to Tenant instead of Property

I think when the tenants pay the credit card convenience fee it should not go to the property tab, but to the tenants tab only. In my opinion, it is not income to the property, but to the managment company and a corresponding expense should be posted to the tenants tab to offset the fee income.

I am doing all these manually right now, but would like to see Rentec automatically post to tenants only and perhaps add the corresponding expense automatically. It sure would save me a ton of time changing all those credit card payments.
    If anyone at…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base