Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Share document folder with Owners

A shared folder between the PM and owner for storage of utility bills and repair invoices. Allow Owner access to building files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improvements to rental applications

When I go into Rentec page to look at the list of people who have applied for a property , I would like a place on the application screen to make notes about that application or mark them in some way, to remind me why we rejected , or if we are keeping that application on hold for more info, etc.
    Right now, my only options are to accept and add lease, accept , or deny .
    Without printing the Applications out hard copy and hand writing notes, is there some way I can see where in the process each…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. customize when late fees begin

customize when late fees begin and are charged to tenant

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Properties Tab

Under Properties Tab. I would like to be able to change the format in which they are arranged sort of like in a calendar so we can see all properties at once. Currently you have to scroll down and find the property. Take a look at the yardi for residential.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Tenants to update phone numbers through App

It would be great to allow a tenant to update their phone numbers through the tenant Portal app. This would help keep ensure the contact information is correct and that they are able to receive our texts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create an option under "How many months of rolling balance for properties summary" to see rolling balance for the current tax year.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to set the rolling balance that is shown under the properties tab to current tax year rather than just the last 12 months or last 6 months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WORK ORDERS

PULL UP WORK ORDERS BY TENANT NAME AND NOT JUST BY ADDRESS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. pre paid rent

Pre paid rent and mgmt fees. Prepaid rent should auto post on next month along with mgmt fee

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More than 1 attachment on bill payment

Can we add more than one attachment to a bill payment? Sometimes I combine invoices into one payment but can only attach one of the invoices. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User set up options

Under user set-up. Expand the customization to allow specific reports from each report heading. For instance, financial reports, allow or not allow access to CAM report, operating statement, so on.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Set-up expansion

In set-up. Allow admin to allow specific reports from each category. For instance, under financial reports allow or not allow access to CAM reports. Instead of allowing access to all financial reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Choice of properties in a Report

When selecting properties to be included in a Report, I need a way to select say 2 properties out of 12 vs ALL (master unit) or just individual properties. Most software programs allow holding down CTRL and clicking individual properties to be in a report, but this doesn’t work in Rentec.
    Example: I want to assess profitably of rentals on a certain street vs those in another section of town. OR, those by a certain owner in an inclusive report.
    Please consider adding this common feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Workorder

make workorder trackable better. be able to give vendors access to upload pictures of work. Better workorder reporting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Designate payments

We would like for the tenant to be able to designate part of payment for rent and part for a propane fee. In other words, payments could be designated for categories that we are charging besides the monthly rent. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add "Birthday Field" for all Tenants and Landlords with a reminder pop up, so we can call them to wish them Happy B-Day

Add "Birthday Field" for all Tenants and Landlords with a reminder pop up, so we can call them to wish them Happy B-Day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. credit reporting of tenant payment history.

tenant incentive tobuld credit: offer credit reporting of tenant payment history

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Owner Account Info on Header of Deposit Slip

I use multiple bank accounts to write checks and print deposit slips. When I print a check the account's owner information prints correctly on the upper left of the check BUT for deposit slips it defaults to the company contact info. Please update the system to consistently print the owner's account info on both the checks and the deposit slips. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. more efficient expense catergorization

within the expense section there should be the ability to several select similar tranascations and change all of there criteria (building, catergory, etc) all togother rather than one at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatic late pay eviction notices to print

I would like automatic creation of state compliant eviction notices. I’d like to com in to the office on the 6th and have a list of forms ready to print.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. income expense hyperlink summary numbers

hyperlink eincome expense summary numbers so we can drill down to see what items make up that number. allow us to click on one of those items to correct it if necessary and return to report screen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base