Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

1. User set up options

In managers roles set up/configure, be able to pick what reports per tab a manager can have access to. I.e. Financial Reports allow only view EasyPAY completed and receipts report.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Rentec Direct
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Schedule emails and text and recurring

Ability to schedule emails and text, date/time and recurring.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. General workorder templates

Select from workorder templates

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fields are too small on web pages

Several fields are not big enough to display their contents. E.g., The Income Account and Expense Account on the Properties page only shows part of the Account entries I made!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mortgage Tracking

Hi, as this is a Property Management platform,
    I'm sure many of your clients own some of the properties and would like to track their mortgage. I would suggest to update the software to be able to track mortgages.
    Thanks

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Attach Verification Forms to Application

Would like to be able to attach Employment Verification Form and Rental Verification Form to Online Application.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Posting Attachments on payments

The ability to add attachments when making payments and posting charges on accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share document folder with Owners

A shared folder between the PM and owner for storage of utility bills and repair invoices. Allow Owner access to building files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. improvements to rental applications

When I go into Rentec page to look at the list of people who have applied for a property , I would like a place on the application screen to make notes about that application or mark them in some way, to remind me why we rejected , or if we are keeping that application on hold for more info, etc.
    Right now, my only options are to accept and add lease, accept , or deny .
    Without printing the Applications out hard copy and hand writing notes, is there some way I can see where in the process each…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Properties Tab

Under Properties Tab. I would like to be able to change the format in which they are arranged sort of like in a calendar so we can see all properties at once. Currently you have to scroll down and find the property. Take a look at the yardi for residential.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cash rent via Money Gram or other...

Cash rent collection through Money Gram.
    We love Rentec and the software. Managing rentals using the software is revolutionizing how we do business. However, one drawback is that we must personally handle cash but our previous approach allowed our tenants to pay cash at WalMart (and other places) using Money Gram. Since the software allowed it, we had a policy that all tenants paid online or at Money Gram. Our tenants who do not use banks would use Money Gram at the local WalMart based on the hours of operation at WalMart and the money moved to us the same…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email/SMS Notifications.

Notifications to alert you on your mobile device that a text or e-mail has been received via Rentec's software. That way you aren't constantly logging into Rentec to check for these responses.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Additional tenant contact information options

in the main tenant contact screen please add additional tubs for other members of a family's contact information. Husband and wife should be on the same contact window but there is no room to input the spouse information. In addition only the information of one person from an application is transferred the rest needs to be manually input. tenant can be joined but once the tenants moving out the system un-join tenants which makes account tracking complected.
    My request is
    1.for addition tubs for additional contacts
    2.to have information from application with multiply applicants to be transferred with their information …

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create an option under "How many months of rolling balance for properties summary" to see rolling balance for the current tax year.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to set the rolling balance that is shown under the properties tab to current tax year rather than just the last 12 months or last 6 months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. User set up options

Under user set-up. Expand the customization to allow specific reports from each report heading. For instance, financial reports, allow or not allow access to CAM report, operating statement, so on.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set-up expansion

In set-up. Allow admin to allow specific reports from each category. For instance, under financial reports allow or not allow access to CAM reports. Instead of allowing access to all financial reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Choice of properties in a Report

When selecting properties to be included in a Report, I need a way to select say 2 properties out of 12 vs ALL (master unit) or just individual properties. Most software programs allow holding down CTRL and clicking individual properties to be in a report, but this doesn’t work in Rentec.
    Example: I want to assess profitably of rentals on a certain street vs those in another section of town. OR, those by a certain owner in an inclusive report.
    Please consider adding this common feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Workorder

make workorder trackable better. be able to give vendors access to upload pictures of work. Better workorder reporting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. additional tenants and co-signers AUTO ADDED TO PROPERTY AND LEASE

Having the co-tenants or any additional tenants on the property automatically added to the PROPERTY AND WHEN THEY SIGN THE LEASE. Its very frustrating that I have to go in and add every additional tenant to the property after I move someone in and then I have to add them to the lease and EVERY SINGLE ADDENDUM AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!

Which leads me to the other option of sending the lease and all the addendum's I want to send at ONE time. I should not have to go into each addendum separately. I should be able to click…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Designate payments

We would like for the tenant to be able to designate part of payment for rent and part for a propane fee. In other words, payments could be designated for categories that we are charging besides the monthly rent. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base