Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Automatically scroll back down

I hate when I go into any property or tenant to edit it, that when am done it brings me back to the top of the page. I would like for it to go back to where I was, so I don't have to keep scrolling back done to where I was, just to start over again after editing another one.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Owners to Make Payments to Property Managers

Allow Owners to make payments to property manager (for repairs, bills, fees, etc.)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. showing service

A scheduling program for showing units. Where the applicant applies and confirms showing appointments and also is directed to the apply page. ShowMojo.com has a great service but its too expensive for someone with only a few units. /this help cut back on time spent sitting at apartments for unconfirmed showings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Separate Active Tenants from Inactive Past Due

As stated in previous idea submissions...we love the software! Your work is making us more successful and making our portfolio easier to manage.

Idea - Separate Active Tenants and Inactive Tenants who are Past Due into different tables or sections on the Summary Tab.

An active tenant or two who are past due for this month get mixed with past (inactive) tenants who owe money after move-out.
    While collection of both are important, the current active tenants are near-term events that may require a letter or eviction. Past or inactive tenants are longer-term efforts that are or will be turned…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. tenant initiated background report.

Have prospective tenants initiate there own background checks with out my intervention based on defaults that I chose. Also have the tenant's background reports (credit, criminal, eviction, etc.) put into one report.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. late fees after payment rejection

I've noticed that when a tenant pays there rent and then it gets rejected for any reason (often insufficient funds) the system doesn't start charging late fees automatically. I think this should be chaged, to start charging late fees automatically

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. additional tenants and co-signers AUTO ADDED TO PROPERTY AND LEASE

Having the co-tenants or any additional tenants on the property automatically added to the PROPERTY AND WHEN THEY SIGN THE LEASE. Its very frustrating that I have to go in and add every additional tenant to the property after I move someone in and then I have to add them to the lease and EVERY SINGLE ADDENDUM AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!

Which leads me to the other option of sending the lease and all the addendum's I want to send at ONE time. I should not have to go into each addendum separately. I should be able to click…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tenant Notes Log

Instead of having a scroll in tenant notes, add a Notes log to be able to date and time track all notes entered instead of hand entering

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Late fee Fix

When it comes to late rent payments you have to click on each late fee individually, and say you're on vacation and don't have access to input rent it could become a hassle deleting all "late fees" individually and something needs to be created to where multiple transactions can be deleted at the same time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Security Deposit Return Reminder

We need help staying organized with security deposit returns. It would be great if the day a tenant is "moved-out" in the system, that it could generate a Reminder on the summary screen that says "this tenant moved-out on March 31, 2018 - send out security deposit". THANKS!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mobile App

Would love a dedicated mobile app with a simple interface for managers. Would like it to be easier to view maintenance requests, send tenant/owner emails or SMS.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Easier way to post/recall notes on tenants, owners, service providers

Easier way to log and recall notes on conversations with tenants, property owners and service providers.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Task Manager Tab

Task Manage Tab. Create a tab for tasks, let tasks be assignable to property managers or users and send notification to them when assigned a task. Giver options like the work orders have (assigned, in progress, completed). I think this is important and would benefit everyone having it built into the rentec system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share file from general folder to multiple tenants

Need to be able to share a file in the general folder with multiple tenants. Helpful for your customers (us) and also has to save a lot of space on your servers instead of having the same set of files added for every tenant - times a bunch of users

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. pics with text

Allow pictures to be accepted with the online texting.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PROPERTY MANAGER APP

App for Property Managers since we are on the road and on our phones too.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Button to stop late charges for a tenant

Add a button to stop late charges on a tenant

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sub accounts for the type of transaction

It will be very helpful to have sub accounts under either income or expense sort all type of transaction by cash ,credit cards,checks ... and Can be viewable under accounts tab .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Late fee - ability to delete more than one at a time

Late fees to have a check box on the left side to delete as many late fees as you want instead of individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add sub-accounts to the chart of accounts

The Chart of accounts should have sub-accounts that roll up into one main account. For example, the "repairs" account should have plumbing, electrical and extermination as sub-accounts with individual totals that then total up to the "repairs" account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base