Rentec Direct

Take a look at what we’re currently working on at Rentec. Please share your ideas and stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

How can we make the Rentec Direct property management software and tenant screening platform better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Create an option to select the bank account when sending money

The option to select a bank account when sending owners money would be a huge improvement. Choosing what bank account the money was sent from is just as important as to which property it applies too but you only have the option to select which property it applies to. I am having to go back to each transaction and edit so I can select the bank account so I can balance the account. Please help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cleared status on reconciled items.

We like to keep all of our records completely up to date. With that we reconcile our account daily. I think it would be beneficial and less time consuming, when mid-month reconciling, when I checkmark any item that it would show cleared status automatically instead of me having to go into each separate transaction and put it as cleared status myself.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add the ability to share files uploaded to workorder with owners

when uploading a file to a workorder, you then have to upload the file again to the file library in order to share it with the owner. This request is to be able to share files uploaded to the workorder to avoid having to upload the file into to different areas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. workorder issue

how come there are no contact details for the tenants when the email comes in? I would like the tenant phone number and email inside the details....instead I have to log in to the platform and find the details to contact them...waste of time.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Syndicated Sites

Would like the ability to turn off the sites we wish not to advertise on. Receiving spam emails from Zillow only, would like to disable this site.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Cashiers Check as a form of payment

We use Cashiers check as a form of payment and would be great to have this added as a form of payment received

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Scheduled Tenants with Co-Renters

Cannot group co-renters with scheduled tenants. When you try to add them prior to the primary moving in, it groups them w/ current resident

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tenant Portal Updates

The language on the summary tab is confusing to tenants as many are not familiar with accounting statements. For example if a tenant has pre-paid $600, it will show "Amount Due -$600" and the words "next payment due" still reflects the next rent collection day, yet with this credit, they don't actually have any amount due on that day. This is confusing to the tenant. With credits, it would be nice to have the language in the summary tab change to be more obvious, such as trading "next payment due" to "New Charges to Post on" and then have the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. payrent.com

Looking into using payrent.com which offers many flexible pay options for tenants which include paying cash at walmart/money gram locations and paying over the phone 24 hours a day. Can this software be integrated with them?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would it be possible to sum up all of the outstanding rents in the Summary Screen?

Would it be possible to sum up all of the outstanding rents in the Summary Screen?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter Inactive Tenants on Summary Page

Add in a program default or filter option that would remove any inactive tenant activity from the summary page.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ACH or Draft as type of expense

I hope it would be possible to add one more name to "Type" of recurring expense or, for that matter, any other expense.

Right now, the names in the drop down menu are: Check; Print Check; Cash; Other. Could you add "ACH" or "Draft".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PU the Owners Name on the "Send Owner Money" Screen

I would feel more comfortable seeing the Owner/Account name on the "Send Owner Money Screen" before I press the Send Money button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. check printing

When printing on BLANK check stock, allow the option of the signature line to print or NOT print.

I am currently saving to PDF and removing the line.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1st month's pre-paid rent not posting to default income account

when posting a payment for a tenant that has been placed into a property, but has a future move-in date, the payment does not use the property's default income account. Once the tenant's move-in date has been reached, it then begins using the property's default income account.

User's are not realizing this, and are wondering why the 1st payment isn't posting to the bank account ... and are asking if we can change this behavior so that this first payment does recognize the property's default income account even though the tenant's move in date is set in the future? This…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Marketing Page (Online Property Advertisement

If managing multiple complexes with apartment complexes having their own website, would like to have another URL to link that pertains to that complex only. Currently can link all sub units vacant individually, but would like to see A master unit advertisement page and then a drill down of subunits available.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. revenue management

I'd love for Rentec to help with setting new rents, by analyzing the rents we have achieved (like a lite version of revenue management software, e.g. YieldStar and Rainmaker). Within this system, we should be able to set max rent raises on rent-control properties too, however the housing authority dictates them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. link management fee to property manager

When editing a property and assigning a Property Manager, this should link the management fees to the Property Manager so that when the fee is posted to the property ledger, the PM's name is listed on the transaction showing who the fee was paid to.

Alternatively, you could add a Payee or Property Manager field to the Management Fee settings.

In turn, a PM report should be created showing which fees were paid to which PM's.

At the moment the work around is to setup a separate management fee category for each PM and assign these custom categories to the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There really should be a better way change ownership of a property. The current method is cumbersome and ridiculous. Also, when putting in a

There really should be a better way change ownership of a property. The current method is cumbersome and ridiculous. Also, when putting in a new property, management fees and leasing fees should auto populate into the subunits, instead of having to enter them in individually.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rentec Direct

Feedback and Knowledge Base